Meet The Team:
As part of our Global Support Center (GSC), you will have the ability to work with industry experts in nearly every aspect of IT and OT technology. From public/private/hybrid clouds solutions, data analytic solutions, LIDAR based video surveillance solutions and everything in between. We are a customer focused team with a passion for delivering an industry leading support experience.The Role
This person will be a member of our global GSC Level II team. This team is responsible for solving the most demanding and complex technical issues that our customers may encounter and requires a deep knowledge of end-to-end datacenter technologies. The team works closely with various internal and partner Engineering and Development groups to provide our customers the most efficient analysis and solution as possible under high pressure scenarios. This team can also influence the direction of our products by providing input directly to our Engineering and Development groups related to observations seen and customer feedback.Location:
Our service center is in San Diego and a local hire would be ideal once the office is back open, however, we will consider anyone that located in the United States. Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Provide final resolution to customer technical issues in a clear and understandable format.
- Provide consistent updates during technical issue investigation to both internal and external contacts.
- Communicate with management team on critical issues requiring immediate attention.
- Act as a mentor while assisting the GSC Level I team.
- Maintain industry awareness on emerging technology.
- Attend ongoing training to maintain technical skills.
- Able to perform shift work to include nights, weekends, and on-call standby.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal education and/or working experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with a post-sales support organization supporting enterprise class solutions.
- Ethical and honest in all respects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues including storage, compute, OS, switching, etc.
- Ability to create and provide recovery and corrective action plans.
- Knowledge of Block Based Storage Array architecture.
- Knowledge of File Based Storage architecture.
- Knowledge of RAID and SCSI.
- Knowledge of IP and FC networking.
- Proficient in one or more major Operating Systems and Virtualization technologies such as Linux, Windows, VMware, KVM.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following: DevOps, Containers, Programing (Python, RESTAPI, etc.).
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- History in creation of knowledgebase articles based on various solutions presentable to internal and external audiences.
- Experience in mentoring colleagues.
- Proven accountability in taking ownership of escalated cases.
- Prior experience leading technical conversations with internal/external customers whether in person, virtual or phone.
- Self-motivator with a love for learning.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge