Global process owners are primarily responsible to introduce and execute internal controls to address existing financial statements risks. Internal Audit function tests these controls and reports any deficiencies to our parent company in Japan. We are looking for a finance manager for the internal control function that is closely working with the global process owners and internal audit function to drive the remediation efforts of any identified control deficiencies before these are reported to Japan.
- Collaboration with process owners, internal audit and external audit teams to remediate internal control deficiencies as these come up (JSOX)
- Coordination of remediation efforts to mitigate internal control deficiencies reported to Japan in the previous year.
- Coordination of addressing of EY Management Letter Comments with global process owners.
- Coordination and monitoring of remediation of Internal Audit Findings.
- Global coordination of the group audit - follow up with the process owners on the outstanding audit evidence.
- Where need for control improvement is identified, performance of the walkthrough to understand the process and assess the operational and design effectiveness of the internal controls within the process. If gaps in internal controls are identified, collaborate with the process owner, introduction of control to address the financial statement risk.
- Communication of the deficiencies to the key stakeholders (CAO and CFO)
- Should have the ability to support the process owner to assess control risks, address process gaps and assist with documentation
- Project management skills especially in implementing consisting controls across the Geo's will be nice to have
- At least three years external audit experience with big 4 is a must
- Experience with IFRS especially good knowledge of IFRS 15 is of an advantage
- Industry experience in internal control function is of an advantage
- Very good understanding of the COSO framework
- Financial statements risk identification process
- Transaction level controls versus entity level controls
- Design and operating efficiency of the control
- Type of controls (preventive, detective, IT application controls, IT dependent and manual controls)
- Communication, Stakeholder Management.