Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.CommVault Engineer
• The L2-L3 Data Protection Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day support of the data protection environment for the assigned customer account(s).
• Monitor the data protection environment following established guidelines.
• Perform health checks of the data protection application and infrastructure environments.
• Perform data protection incident troubleshooting and mitigation actions.
• Open and manage 3rd-party support tickets for end-to-end data protection incident management.
• Coordinate work with 3rd party vendors and Hitachi Vantara support teams.
• Execute data protection restores for assigned customer accounts.
• Handle data protection configuration changes under established guidelines.
• Implement change requests following ITIL best practices.
• Monitor incident and service request ticket queues and work on assigned tickets.
• Provide daily, weekly and monthly operations metrics/reports to the Service Delivery Manager.
• Execute and deliver reports to Hitachi and to approved representatives for the assigned account(s).
• Create and modify support documentation for the data protection environment following established guidelines.
• Follow the established policies, procedures and practices defined by HitachiVantara.
• Identify and provide suggestions on continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned account(s).
• At least 5 years of IT support / administrative experience.
• At least 3 years of experience with commercial data protection application/infrastructure environments: CommVault or Netbackup
• Working knowledge of data protection best practices
• Administrative knowledge of storage systems, SAN, network systems, computing systems and virtualized environments.
• Basic administrative knowledge on data protection infrastructure including VTL, tape libraries, backup appliances
• Basic administrative knowledge of operating systems and database systems
• Working knowledge of commercial service management tools for incident, problem and change.
• Basic understanding of ITIL process (Change, Incident and Problem Management).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.