For over 100 years, Hitachi Vantara Federal has been inventing the future through an innovative mindset and leading the way in data-driven solutions. Hitachi Vantara Federal is meeting an urgent and fast-growing demand that combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions. Our company is positioned to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of businesses. We drive advantage for our clients by combining IT, operational technology (OT), and domain expertise. Join our team today to help continue to make the extraordinary happen.AWS Consultant (Networking)
- Engineering Expert - Cloud Network Engineering Responsible for design and implementation of public cloud networking solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise for change assessment and planning and during management of major incidents and problems
- Designs and develops IT network for public cloud
- Writes documentation specific to the allocated/defined application, system or technology environment (e.g. requirements / functional specifications, designs, build documentation)
- Profiles and troubleshoots applications
- The role ensures the successful end-to-end operation of IT security systems / the successful design, development, deployment and maintenance of monitoring solutions and services.
- The role supports the optimal planning and execution of all activities associated with cloud environments with a focus in scalability and performance.
- Public Cloud Network Engineer provides analytical support for incident and problem resolution
- Design, implement and maintain security/infrastructure requirements for development / testing environment
- Work in close collaboration with Architecture and Operations to integrate new solutions
- Ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of solutions required for new projects
- Ensure a high integration of infrastructure/security components
- Help to drive architectural improvements and standardization for the infrastructure/security environments
- Develop and enhance automated processes to release new solutions into the live environment
- Ensure controls are in place for all configuration items and only authorized changes are made for all assets within enterprise IT environment
- Accountable to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Engineering service scope In addition to accountabilities listed above in Job Purpose: Provides end-to-end analytical support to ensure the delivery of Service related requests.
- Communicates service requests to other IT resources that will be involved in fulfilling them. Responsible for defining, analysing, planning, measuring and improving all aspects of the availability of IT services.
- Proactively improves service availability wherever possible and optimizes the availability of the IT infrastructure to deliver cost-effective improvements that deliver tangible benefits to the business.
- Creates, maintains and regularly reviews an availability management system and a forward-looking availability plan, aimed at improving the overall availability of IT services and infrastructure components; so ensures that existing and future availability requirements can be met. Responsible for designing infrastructure components and systems required to provide a service. Provides incident and problem analytical support in support of resolution, follow up and prevention thereof.
- Support external technical resources in providing the right expertise to deliver and shape the service
- Ensure Public Cloud Service is delivered in line with Service Delivery manager
- Build knowledge and expertise in the specific areas covered by the Cloud Service
- Ensures necessary technical training, awareness and experience levels are maintained within the function
- Report to Service Deliver Manager on service issues and / or opportunities to optimize the public cloud services
Key Performance Indicator(s)
- Stability of implemented solutions; Cost efficiency; Degree of integration of security / infrastructure landscape; Adherence to SLA; Customer satisfaction; Percentage of downtimes; Maximum downtime (during peak times);
- Stable network and application performance monitoring operations for internally managed services
- Consistent support and contribution to global IT design and engineering efforts
- Delivery of network and application performance solutions to committed dates and timelines
- Contribution to assigned projects
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on network development or support issues
- University degree level education or comparable education in Computer Science OR Engineering Science (technical background) OR work experience as senior network or cloud engineer in a global enterprise.
- Business fluent in English (written and spoken) Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- 3+ years related experience in designing, planning, documenting and implementing cloud focused solutions with network at its core or 5+ years Senior Network Engineering experience in a global enterprise.
- Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure
- Management of automation solutions with Ansible.
- Proven record in leadership with complex network projects on a global scale.
- Proven experience in System Development / Deployment and Project Management Provides authoritative technical and professional guidance to external and/or internal stakeholders Interacts with a typically diverse internal and external audience and is required to interpret and communicate complex information
- Understands the needs of the business and aspects of the external environment ( and their impact on the own area of responsibility )
- Knowledge on hybrid public cloud design concepts
- Knowledge of IP networking and security in AWS - VPNs, DNS, load balancing, security, and interaction with on-site security and networking systems. Certification is a plus.
- Strong scripting and automation skills with one or more of the following: Python, Bash, Ruby in an operational setting.
- Experience with code versioning systems like git.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as a code tools like terraform, puppet or similar.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like Splunk or Riverbed Steel Central.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Understanding of Agile methodology is a plus.
- Previous experience to work in pharmaceutical companies is a plus.