- Participate in requirement, design, implementation, testing and support of insurance front-end solutions, which include features enhancements, new functionalities, and back-end systems integration.
- Up to date with latest and best industry practices, with a focus on standardisation and re-usability aspects
- Ready to learn new technologies as needed for the projects
- Able to work well with different nationalities
- Plan and drive the project’s technical execution to achieve the committed scope and timeline.
- Monitor and report technical execution progress as well as all technical issues, risk or mitigation plan in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain Reference Architectures (Digital, Microservice etc.)
- Ability to co-ordinate with multiple cross-functional teams and clients (e.g. customers, internal sales, business, dev, QA, DevOps, IT infra teams and technical SMEs), to understand business requirements, technical design and preparing of technical specifications.
- Recognize any technical debt, evaluate the debt, and provide advice to Tech Lead/Product Owner on the impact of the debt for decision making purposes
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Information Technology.
- At least 5 years of working experience in Java EE development and design patterns (preferably in financial industry). Preferably on Micro services architecture.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills, consistently provide technical guidance and develop team members.
- Involved in implementing applications leveraging on REST and other APIs technologies architecture and development, Enterprise Authentication frameworks implementation such as WSO2, OAuth2, JWT, Active Directory etc., Application security/OWASP.
- Working experience on Docker, Kubernetes, SpringBoot, open source RDBMS, NoSQL, Event oriented system (Kafka), AWS, NodeJS is a plus.
- Domain knowledge in financial industry is a strong plus
- Good verbal and written communication in English, technical, analytical, troubleshooting and consultative skills.
- Individual that is optimistic, proactive, good initiative, passionate, strives to achieve more as a team, and able to motivate others.