Our Digital Solutions business unit is experiencing unprecedented growth this year. Central to that success has been the growth of our data engineering group who are delivering data modernization, migration and transformation initiatives for our largest customers here in EMEA. We have a truly unique, once in your career opportunity for a leader with a track record in this field to join and drive the next phase of our growth.
The Senior Director of Insights - Data Engineering will lead the European region with responsibility for Strategy definition, Growth, Practice Development and P-L management. They must also have the ability to articulate Hitachi Vantara's value propositions, solutions, win themes and project vignettes in a way that wins the confidence of senior business and technical leaders /executives. This role will report to the Global Digital Insights Practice leader.
• Demonstrable experience leading - growing a data practice within a consulting firm, with P-L responsibilities and a track record of delivering growth.
• A practitioner as well as a leader; used to creating - implementing data solutions for clients using data, cloud platforms, modern software development methodologies, Big Data, Data Science, (Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) and Internet of Things (IOT)
• Effective in supporting the sales organization to scope, solution and win highly complex and strategic technical projects.
• Proven track record of Agile and Lean development within large enterprises as well as small teams. Articulates how Agile development, Lean decision making, automation, cloud technologies and the four pillars of cloud-native development, AI/ML, Big Data and IOT combine to enable digital transformation for firms.
• Possesses experience and understanding of how to measure performance of client facing software development and Big Data projects. Ability to measure success technically, programmatically and to meet client's tactical and strategic goals.
• Thought leadership, white papers, blogs in the Data and AI space.
• Able to create, analyse and communicate key performance metrics about the performance of the practice.
• Visualize and articulate the stories of strategic product, solution, and customer initiatives. Can see the story arc for modernization and digital transformation projects inside HV and for our customers.
• Develop strategies to grow revenue, increase margins and boost innovation globally, and develop the execution plans.
• Drive growth in partnership with Sales, Marketing and Executive Leadership.
• Craft and articulate key business and technical ideas to marketing to generate differentiated material in the target region.
• Define and articulate the Hitachi Vantara, Digital Insights - Data Engineering group and organizational principles.
• Lead with a consultative selling style to guide prospective clients to solutions and create business value.
• Develop a deep understanding of HV Product, Solution Offering, Partner Solution Offerings and repeatable solution lines, and map them to client business and technical problems.
• Structure, organize, and win strategic (large, complex, innovative) deals.
• Understands and can manage customers to coach them to mutually agreeable solutions to project, technical, relationship and business problems.
• Own the strategy and vision whilst running the day-to-day operations of the practice including practice development, revenue - margin forecasting, resource management and utilization.
• Mentor and grow Practice Principals, Practice Directors and Principal Architects to drive deeper and more innovation solutions for our clients.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge