Meet our Team
The HR Assistant will work with leadership and with client group(s) on people activities. This individual will work with other People Partners at a regional and global level, and with business leaders to access, anticipate and facilitate organizational and people strategies that enable short-term and long-term business success.
The HR Assistant will liaise with HR Centers of Excellence (COEs such as Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, HR Shared Services) to drive delivery of people programs and services. Will support activities such as compensation reviews, performance management, succession planning preparation, employee engagement action planning, data and analytics creation and dissemination, employee data audits, restructure prep and corrective actions. Will provide HR support and coaching to front line leaders and will frequently be required to roll up sleeves to problem solve. The HR Assistant will maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business group's performance, culture and talent and will execute strategies to improve business performance.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Lead and facilitate the people activities for the assigned teams and align HR services, programs and priorities to drive business objectives, execution of policies, projects, programs, strategies and organizational workforce plans in the assigned function/country
- Collaborate with the COE's TA, TR, TM and PMO for planning and execution, bring data and analytics expertise to life, telling the story and identifying trends to inform better decision making, maintain data accuracy in the system
- Facilitate compensation reviews, diversity and inclusion goals and measurements with leadership teams
- Establish business partnership with leaders, coach and mentor all People Managers
- Drive employee engagement and focus on the employee experience, manage employee issues
- 2-4 years of progressive HR, generalist or specialist experience in a fast-paced and global environment, working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines, change management and culture assessment experience preferred, experience with Workday advantageous, project management experience.
- Bachelor or master degree (human science, economy, business, management etc)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels, geographies within the organization, coaching skills and experience with leaders at all levels an advantage, knowledge of labor law
- Maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced matrixed environment; flexible and adaptable, an individual who embraces change and has a passion for process improvement.
- An individual who builds relationships, is considered trustworthy, always ethical, balancing needs of our employees and the business, experience managing sensitive employee relations matters with diplomacy, neutrality and objectivity.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge