Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. Job Description
The Technical Sales Solutions Consultant (Presales Engineer) plays a key role in the customer solution architecting process, providing pre-sales software and hardware technical expertise. Working closely with the field sales organization, other consultants, and customer representatives, the Solutions Consultant provides support ranging from product specification presentations to product value discussions. Uses project management and customer relationship skills to align Hitachi Vantara Technology solutions with customers' business strategies. Demonstrates strong knowledge in one of Hitachi Vantara's key initiatives with thorough knowledge of all solution areas.Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Gathers data on customer business issues, analyses solutions, and employs this information in Hitachi Vantara engagements.
- Collaborates with the customer on development of a global growth roadmap.
- Uses understanding of customers' business needs and knowledge of industry trends in one or more disciplines (Business Continuity, Tiered Storage, or Storage Management) to build a business case for Hitachi Vantara solutions.
- Actively supports company change programs and acts as a role model for solution selling.
- 10+ years of experience in a Consulting Presales role in the Storage Industry or in a High-Value Solutions Infrastructure company
- 8+ years of experience in the Information Technology industry
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies such as; Server technologies, Virtualization/VMware, Business Continuity, Data Protection, SAN, LAN/WAN Concepts and Architectures.
- Knowledgeable in ESX, vSAN, NSX, vRealize desired
- Enterprise applications knowledge like ERP, CRM, etc. would be a plus
- Track record of success in Business Technology related sales.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education needed.
- Ability to write well-structured reports and proposals with clear, logical and succinct language.
- Ability to develop and deliver well-structured presentations with information appropriate for the desired audience
- Excellent whiteboarding Skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent customer/business negotiation skills.
- Personable - Able to represent Hitachi Vantara positively to customers and build positive relationships.
- Persuasive - Able to influence effectively.
- Articulate - Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized - Able to coordinate resources and tasks effectively.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations and prioritize effectively. Able to manage time effectively.
- Able to work independently and proactively, self-starter.
- Valid driver's license required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.