Meet our Team
EMEA Controllership team is responsible for the integrity of EMEA IFRS financial statements as well as the statutory end to end compliance including preparation and filling of statutory financial statements in 26 countries. We collaborate cross-functionally to ensure accounting operations and business decisions are compliant with IFRS and local GAAP regulations as well as support tax, treasury, FP-A, legal and other functions in their daily operations. The mission of our Team is to provide valuable insight and reliable financial information for the internal and external stakeholders. Our Team's capabilities are gathered for the years of experience within areas of Revenue, GL, Inventory, Tax, Statutory Accounting and External Audit. Expertise knowledge allows us to lead the most important international corporate projects. Join us and have a real impact on the Company's growth!What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for the IFRS financial statements closing process for EMEA, comprising of more than 20 countries and currently more than 30 legal entities. Presentation of quarterly financial results to COA and CFO.
Your scope of duties will also include:
What you bring to the team
- To ensure quality and integrity of the financial results / reporting (statutory and regulatory).
- Responsibility to complete all of the statutory audits of all EMEA legal entities within 3 months after the balance sheet day (June 30).
- Responsibility for ensuring correct application of accounting standard (IFRS and local GAAP).
- Primary contact for internal and external auditors on accounting matters relating to EMEA.
- Responsibility for finance integration of newly acquired business in EMEA. Coordination of integration relating to payroll, tax, treasury, and controllership.
- Oversight of internal control function: influence the design of existing and new processes to mitigate financial statements risks; drive consistency and harmonization of JSOX controls; identify areas that need process improvement within accounting, evaluate alternatives, propose and implement changes to achieve higher effectiveness and efficiency; manage JSOX testing and responsibility to address deficiencies in a timely manner; address EY management letter comments.
- Execution of Company's director role for all EMEA legal entities and ensuring compliance with finance related statutory regulations.
- Supporting the treasury team in pay out of dividends and cash forecast.
- Support of the tax team in CIT filling and transfer pricing compliance.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of financial reporting systems (ERP), programs, and procedures.
- 7+ years' experience in public accounting, including strong IFRS technical accounting skills.
- Experience in managing and developing professionals with proven ability to motivate, manage and lead employees. Ability to lead a team with diverse skills and experiences.
- Experience and knowledge of financial issues - economic impact beyond technical knowledge.
- Strong communication skills including presentation. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics.
- Ability to influence stakeholders based on facts and good understanding of financial risks within company's processes to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Ability to solve advanced problem and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge