Meet The Team
The eCommerce Manager has an impactful position requiring analytical skill, attention to detail, open communication, and the ability to work autonomously on assigned projects, manage stakeholder communication, team metrics, and other significant milestones.
We are looking for a strategic and organized problem solver with a passion for innovation and data-driven optimization. You will be part of a small team working alongside senior leaders.
As a member of the GTM Center of Excellence team, the Senior eCommerce Manager will support global growth efforts with a focus on helping new business and expansion opportunities. You will be responsible for defining the roadmap for the B2B eCommerce experience. You will pursue a deeper understanding of customer needs in various markets. These include datacenter technologies such as storage, hyperconverged, software-defined infrastructure, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS), operations software, and managed infrastructure services - with a keen mind to build offerings and enable best-in-class shopping experience for our customers.
You will work with the marketing team, product and services domain specialists and engineers to improve and deliver a personalized and relevant experience across our customers' shopping and account management journey.
The ideal candidate has a customer-centric attitude, can set clear goals, and coordinate their execution, focuses on experience of the team, is adept at simplifying the complex, and collaborates across a matrixed organization.What You Will Be Doing
What You Bring To the Team
- Articulate and plan our eCommerce shopping presence and strategy.
- Understand the needs of customers to deliver remarkable solutions that achieve our eCommerce goals.
- Create strong partnerships with business stakeholders within product, marketing, IT, supply-chain, pricing, and backend teams creating continuous feedback loops enabling compelling offers for the e-store catalog.
- Foster an environment which enables the various scrums to build offers and launch them in the store while ensuring a high-quality experience.
- Ensure that as a Service offerings will thoughtfully address higher adoption rates driving higher customer satisfaction.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Drive A/B testing to experiment with various customer shopping and account management experiences and identify launch candidates that improve product metrics and outcomes.
- Work with teams using an Agile delivery methodology specifically Scrum or Kanban and be the Product Owner to create new offerings for B2B eCommerce.
- Execute on product backlog prioritization to ensure the highest business value is being delivered.
- Collaborate and author requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying offers.
- Be willing to learn and continuously go above and beyond the comfort zone.
- Be comfortable in applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define and model the financial outlook for the offerings in the e-store and for the upcoming planned roadmap.
- Build strong relationships internally and with our ecosystem of vendors; present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas, and features to cross functional teams in an effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations.
- An active listener and clear communicator; can lead by influence.
- Experience with enterprise SaaS offerings is required.
- Good understanding of Salesforce commerce cloud with the Lightning experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of Adobe Experience Manager is a plus.
- Good understanding of Agile Scrum methodology is a plus.
- Ability to provide mentoring and guidance to colleagues.
- Exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel in Lead role.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Ability to analyze team health metrics independently, while exercising good judgment in keeping team members adequately informed.
- BS or MS with a technology degree in Computer Engineering / Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering or equivalent experience required.
- MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience as a product manager or product marketing manager and with 2-3 years of experience as a B2B eCommerce manager managing digital shopping/ecommerce products or experience in the digital shopping/ecommerce space.
- A current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification is preferred.
- Experience with one or more functions and teams across marketing, strategy, product, IT, and business development teams is required.
This position can be 100% remote.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge