Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com PC Technician ROLE
Waupaca Foundry currently has an opening for a PC Technician. This is an opportunity to join Waupaca Foundry's IT support team at our Tell City facility.
The successful candidate will provide technical support of desktop and laptop computers, applications and related technology. This includes customer support, installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware/software and equipment while ensuring optimal performance in production and non-production environments . DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Primary responsibility is first level end user support and customer service. Follow standard Helpdesk operating procedures; log, track, prioritize and resolve all business issues in a timely manner.
- Establish, maintain, and improve customer satisfaction through professional, courteous, and helpful service.
- Assist IT team with the installation, configuration and ongoing support of computer systems, peripheral equipment, and software. Coordinate with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with specialized hardware and software.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems, including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers. Diagnosing hardware and software problems.
- Provide remedial training for Employees and Contractors when necessary.
- Repair, replace, and upgrade hardware and software on an as necessary basis. The ability to assist with research and implementation of new hardware and software initiatives.
- Document systems, processes and procedures. Assist with maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with desktops, laptops, network, local servers, printers, remote access, and file shares. Experience with Microsoft Windows 10.
- Identify and prioritize situations requiring urgent attention - redirect problems to appropriate technical resources when necessary.
- Participate in on-call rotation with Help Desk team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve level one break/fix and configuration problems with hardware and software in a Windows environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and adapt to changes quickly in a fast moving environment and exercise patience and professionalism during demanding situations.
- Ability to document, research, identify and attempt to solve technical problems.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, holidays or on call as needed.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem solving skills; ability to troubleshoot a problem or situation that you may not have previously encountered.
- Experience with latest Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and programs.
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- Associate's Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in Desktop Support in a Windows environment for both phone and desk side support.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement