Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com CNC Machine Operator (Part-time) ROLE
Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications. This is a part-time position working a maximum of 28 hours per week. RESPONSIBILITIES:
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Successfully complete safety training, and demonstrate ability to comply with departmental safety policy and guidelines.
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining centers.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to precise and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished workpiece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures workpiece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of workpiece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to meet quality standards.
- Cleans machine, tooling, and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance as directed.
- Requires a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS:
- Solid work history.
- Good oral communications.
- Understanding and following instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Positive work attitude.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule.
- Ability to work without supervision.
Benefits not included. Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.