The Electrical Engineer I position is located in Hillsboro, OR and supports the business objectives of HTA’s Semiconductor Equipment Division. The position anticipates in the conceptualization, modeling, analysis, development, documentation, and test/validation of hardware associated with new semiconductor plasma etching and ashing tools. Works with potential suppliers to ensure parts can be manufactured in accordance with performance and cost objectives. The main objective is to design, develop, and analyze electrical systems, equipment, and packaging for etching systems. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Will be responsible to develop and execute test plans that generate characterization data sufficient to understand and validate the performance of the design. Additionally, will develop and present reports/presentations of excellent quality that communicates design intent, analysis, and validation for design review.
- Ensure successful technical relationship with customers for all etch and ash development and support activities.
- Identify potential design improvement items through communication with customers and provide proposals and blueprint designs.
- Assist the factory and visiting expatriate specialists/engineers to develop, define/refine functional specifications for electrical and electro-mechanical systems/subsystems, embedded systems, and power distribution.
- Work with software engineering team to decide on specifications for software requirement alignment, software quality control, and minor software changes.
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations, and technical reports.
- Liaise with the service group to analyze equipment maintenance process, propose innovative improvement ideas, and provide training on new systems.
- Monitor day-to-day relationships with customers for ongoing developments and establish metrics to analyze and track performance.
- Build computer-aided design system at the Portland Engineering Center to access the factory master design system through communication with design engineers; and
- Participate and support activities with customers for new designs and new products.
- Other duties as required
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Should have a minimum of 2 years electrical design experience
- Proficient in system level understanding of electrical architecture, design of IO controllers and applications
- Good working knowledge in PCB/low voltage circuit design for power and control applications
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing tool design a plus
- Knowledge and exposure to ANSI, ASME, SAE, ISO, SEMI standards applicable to semiconductor industry a plus
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally approximately 5% of the time including assignments that require multiple weeks stay
- Must be willing to live abroad on international assignments that typically last three months’ time or less
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of design and development for electrical systems
- Strong computer-aided design skills including 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Knowledge of plasma dry etching or semiconductor processing preferred
- Responsible for the design, development, and implementation of custom electrical tooling, fixture design, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly, and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle
- Applies general knowledge of business developed through education or past experience
- Uses existing procedures to solve standard problems; analyzes information and uses standard practices to make judgments
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate technical analyses and results.
- Ability to communicate in Japanese is a plus, but not required.
POSITION - SAFETY RISKS AND HAZARDS
- High voltage and current handling for evaluation and test such as using an electric probe
- Gases (toxic and non-toxic) and handling of wet chemicals for sample preparation and analysis such as utilizing dilute HF.
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]