Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr Manager - network engineering, this role will be key to developing, delivering and supporting enterprise network solutions, (both internal and external) that will enable Hitachi Vantara to be a leader in the delivery of solutions for Cloud, Internet of Things (IoT) and Social Innovation. The Hitachi Vantara Network team is rethinking everything with an emphasis on leveraging software defined solutions in the LAN, WAN, and Data Center, driving automation throughout the network service stack and increasing efficiency and reliability of delivered services.
• Engineer, design, and deploy network services and solutions Lan, wireless, SDWAN - Palo Alto firewalls
• Develop infrastructure roadmaps, conduct feasibility studies, and review proposals with peer IT groups
• Deploy solutions starting with the proof of concept and continuing through full deployment and support transition to Operations teams
• Identify, recommend, and lead continuous network infrastructure improvement efforts
• Find and recommend new and innovative products, services, and solutions
• Drive innovation and automation across the network and enable other teams to do the same
• Act as an escalation point to Operations teams and a mentor to other Network Engineers
• Responsible for network Infrastructure projects in APACQualifications:
- Demonstrable experience in Routing - Switching - Cisco, Firewalls - Palo Alto firewalls, Wireless - MiST solutions
- Design of application-aware networks leveraging solutions that include SD-WAN, SDLAN and the associated orchestration and control tools.
- Familiarity and experience with firewalls, IDS/IPS, transparent proxy and explicit Web proxy, and network optimization/acceleration
- Experience in capacity planning, QoS, and intelligent/optimal path selection methodologies
- Hands-on experience using network simulation, automation and scripting tools
- Knowledge and use of network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds Orion, Panorama, Cisco Prime, Wireshark (or similar network packet capture tools)
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience as a Network engineer working on LAN, WAN, Wireless, SD-WAN technologies.
- Industry certifications such as CCNP/CCIE, PCNSE, etc
- In-depth understanding of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IPSEC, HSRP, 802.11, 802.1x, SNMP
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Hardware: Cisco, Palo Alto Networks
- Software: Cisco IOS, PAN-OS, Wireshark
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.