We are recruiting a Software Engineer to work as part of the development team in Hitachi Vantara Engineering, who are responsible for designing, developing and testing the Hitachi NAS Platform product (https://www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/storage/network-attached-storage-platform.html
An ideal candidate will understand the entire process of creating valuable software, and be involved with the complete development-test cycle. This involves being an integral part of a team that produces high quality functional software and unit testing, working in a multi-disciplinary team.
The role will involve being part of an agile scrum team of skilled/mixed-discipline engineers, understanding the required deliverables and pro-actively taking part in the team's self-organization to ensure sprint goals are met. The engineer will play a key role in shaping the design, development, testing and integration of prioritised work. This will involve tackling problems of diverse scope, designing and implementing complex software while ensuring quality of the product remains high.
A successful candidate must have a proven track record of delivering complex software solutions, and a demonstrable understanding of the software lifecycle. They will also have an inquisitive mind, an openness to new ideas, an excellent attention to detail and an adaptability to change. Strong verbal and written communication skills are important, as is being a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic.
This role will include some or all of the following:
• Design, develop and maintain storage interface and orchestration products
• Effectively utilize a wide range of tools in development, including C/C++, Java, and Python
• Design and implement software unit tests
• Work within an agile scrum team and interface with external stakeholders during design stage
• Ensure good automated regression test coverage
Qualifications - Skills
• Degree in Computer Science (or other scientific discipline), or equivalent applicable experience. At least 5 years of product development experience
• Candidates must possess high adaptability, flexibility, desire and drive to branch out from comfort zone
• Strong C/C++, Java, Python, Django
• Demonstrated experience in developing Linux apps, Linux distribution-related work
• • Experience with one or more of the following: storage systems and management, high-availability systems
• Scrum master or product owner experience or certification is a plus