Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer side data challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. At Hitachi Vantara, data is at the heart of everything we do. Our diverse, transparent and flat-structure team collaborates closely with people from Product, Operations, Finance and Leadership. We're always looking for the smoothest way to solve problems by diving deep into the data. Join us for the ride! What you'll be doing
Data - BI Engineer at Hitachi Vantara will be able to make true sense of data to drive real business benefits. Support various business units by developing - supporting data projects using various BI Reporting - ETL tools such as PowerBI, Pentaho, AWS Glue/Data Ingestion. Provide technical support and effective data analysis on data driven projects.
Articulating our industry leading solutions, which include loud, Big Data, Advanced Analytics and ML, to enable our customers to realise the highest levels of success through Data Insights.What you bring to the team
- Data modeling experience
- Have a deep understanding of best practices around data modelling.
- Previous experience data modelling in PowerBi and working with DAX and PowerQuery will be considered as a plus.
- Data engineering experience
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-based big data technologies
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (SQL Server, Oracle) - AWS services (RDS, Redshift, EC2, EMR etc.,)
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data data stores (Kafka, Kinesis, Storm)
- Programming languages like Python, R, etc.
- Experience in Python data structures and data engineering libraries is considered a plus
- Query languages like SQL
- ETL tools: AWS Glue, Azure Datafactory, Airflow, Pentaho, AWS Lambda, etc.
- Databases and Datawarehouses: PostgreSql, Redshift, Oracle
- Big Data tools: Athena, EMR, Databricks
- Experience with unit testing, data validation is considered important.
- Cloud experience
- In depth experience with AWS will be considered as a plus.
- Elucidating business user requirements for reports and dashboards and developing and iterating their implementation to make sure the business users are happy with the visualizations and analytics.
- Development experience
- Experience with teams that developed using agile methodologies is desirable.
- Experience with data science (algorithms, analysis, implementation, machine learning, etc.) are considered desirable.
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge