As Hitachi, Ltd.'s global digital modernization company, with operations in the United States, Europe and Asia, Hitachi Vantara is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT strategies and solutions to Global 2000 companies across many industries. With a balanced view of strategy, people, process and technology, we work with companies to understand their unique business needs, and to develop and implement practical business strategies and technology solutions. From business strategy development through application deployment, our consultants are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
As a part of Digital Solutions - Product Engineering Services practice, we are looking for talented Java full stack developers to join us to contribute to practice initiatives and keep current in the latest technology developments in the Cloud and Product Engineering space.
Responsibilities / Duties
Works on projects of all sizes to provide software design and development related to solution offerings to support deliverables and/or project objectives. Activities will not limit to:
• Work with agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, performance analysis and document to ensure that software meets business needs
• Contribute to software architecture and design
• Develop the required technical pieces/ end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
• Conduct code review to ensure code following the code best practices guidelines
• Support for deployment and maintenance applications
• Ability to lead a module development and take it to completion.
Requirements / Qualification
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in Java/full-stack development with strong software engineering background principle: writing modular clean code, clearing analytical and logical thinking
• Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc.; requirements analysis, designs, codes, tests, debugs and document
• Experience in OOP, design patterns, AWS containers, microservices, serverless implementation
• Experience with RDBMS including OSS (PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.) and NoSQL Databases including OSS (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
• Experience or familiar with Java, AWS technologies such as Spring, Hibernate, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudFormation, CloudFront, IAM, SNS, SQS, KMS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Remote, Canada (US Work Permit Required)