Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.The Role
This position is responsible for provide desktop support services primarily to end users in Lisbon and, secondarily, provide remote support to end users within EMEA. This position will be based out of the Hitachi Vantara offices, located in Lisbon, Portugal.
The candidate will be working with the existing team in performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems. The candidate is responsible for making effective use of available technical resources and providing the service within established service levels. He/she will be performing installs, moves, adds and changes (IMAC), data backup/restores, computer virus management, data migrations, and workstation refresh activities.Responsibilities
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Macintosh and Windows end-user workstations, related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations, including the installation these upgrades (for example memory).
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
- Work with the company's helpdesk on assigned problem/IMAC tickets.
- Answer to and perform IMAC requests as they are submitted through the service desk.
- Deploy software through SCCM and JAMF Mac Management Suite.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Mobile device management and troubleshooting (Apple and Android devices).
- Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 3 years of IT Desktop Support experience.
- Fluency in English (verbal/written) is required.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Windows 10 highly desired.
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) or Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) for Mac OS 10.7 or 10.8 highly desired.
- A+ certification highly desired.
- Strong technical skills in supporting x86/x64 hardware platforms.
- Ability to quickly trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
- Experience working in an Active Directory environment including SCCM.
- Experience with desktop virtualization (e.g. Xen) preferred but not required.
- Understanding in Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure) preferred but not required.
- Concentrated focus on defect reduction and quality of services.
- Excellent customer relations and customer support skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environment
- Prepared to travel to other countries as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.