Meet our team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes. What you will be doing
The Technical Lead is responsible for Managing the NAS Migrations Delivery and the day-to day relationship for the assigned customer account. Responsibilities include Technical Leadership, delivery planning, managing the team and the client relationship.
The NAS Migration Technical Lead must have NetApp and EMC VNX/Unity File based experience. The right candidate will have the required experience with Data migrations. This includes leading and guiding others to improve processes and efficiencies in administering an environment as well as in-depth technical capabilities. The NAS Migration Technical Lead must be able to meet with customers and present materials such as reports detailing activities, to RCA's/Status from issues and outages.
The NAS Migration Technical Lead will be required to work during weekends.
NAS migration experience includes, but is not limited to the following activities:
• Extensive experience of NAS Migration data copy tools and technologies (ITM, RSync, EMCopy, alike)
• Hands-on NAS architect knowledge
• Troubleshooting and end-to-end resolution of identified (hardware/software/configuration) issues, including failed disk drives, power supplies, performance, capacity, connectivity, transmission errors.
• Coordination and/or installation/implementation of new NAS equipment.
• Creation and administration of fabric configurations such as device aliases/fcaliases, zones and zonesets.
• Capacity management and planning
• Perform all functions of an enterprise NAS environment including data protection, backups, archiving and snapshots, de-duplication and replication.What you will bring to the team
• Must have at least 5 years of solid NAS Migration experience in data migration and support
• In-depth knowledge in Industry leading NAS storage subsystems: HDS: HNAS, EMC: Unity/VNX and ISILON NETAPP: NAS Filers
• Must be Able to create, analyze, modify and improve technical procedures and technical documents
• Able to write technical reports, procedures and correspondence that are clearly understood.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge