Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
We are looking for a technical consultant whose primary responsibility is the implementation, support and migration of Hitachi Content Platforms (HCP) and data in line with customer Service Level Agreements.
The HCP Technical Consultant is responsible for delivering technical services for the above processes and will work with various organisations within and external to Hitachi Vantara in delivering services to the customer.
This role will also act as a key point of contact for change and incident management and as such will require a depth of technical knowledge.
What you bring to the team
- Implementing Hitachi Content Platform
- Demonstrates excellent hands-on product knowledge around all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Conducts technical orientation sessions using documentation and training materials
- Designs and implements HCP solutions using the Hitachi Vantara's development and delivery methodology
- Works closely with the Project Manager to help drive projects towards agreed outcomes
- Produces and maintains all relevant project documentation: design documentation, solution documentation and status reports
- Is focused, has the right attention to detail, but never loses sight of the bigger picture
- Demonstrates the willingness to continuously learn new technologies and consulting skills
- Contributes to the success of the Services organization by sharing experiences, identifying best practices and developing content for training courses and the knowledge base
- Shows a high motivation to deliver stable enterprise solutions as a leading consultant
- Understands the cruciality of an interdisciplinary approach to customer success: a profound technical knowledge combined with business understanding and consulting skills
- Comply with Hitachi policies and guidelines
- Able to work in a team or independantly
- Interacts with: Project Manager, Enterprise Architect, Business Analyst, Delivery Consultants; Customers, Partners, Support
- Travel: Willingness to travel 75%
- Previous Content experience (Celera/Atmos)
- Base Hitachi storage platform knowledge
- Understanding of basic archiving concepts
- Understanding of Active Directory for Windows/ LDAP services for UNIX.
- Understanding of archiving integration software products such as Enterprise Vault.
- Some operating System Management experience (Windows, UNIX (HPUX, Solaris, Linux varieties) preferred)
- Understanding of dataprotection requirements
- Understanding of Network Protocols such as CIFS/NFS/FTP and ISCSI
- Strong communication skills - must be fluent in German and English
- Possess the ability to resolve issues and conflicts, as well as be able to take ownership in challenging situations
- Work to processes and under a rigorous change controlled environment a must
- Strong operations and process focus
- Able to work with customers, vendors, users, management, and peers
- Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership
- Well organized, adaptable and a clear thinker
- Ethical and honest in all respects
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge