Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Tooling Engineer ROLE:
Designing pattern gating utilizing foundry casting principles and casting simulation software to produce parts consistent with plant quality and production goals. RESPONSIBILITES/DUTIES:
- Work directly with foundry tooling engineers on optimal molding pattern and core box layouts.
- Work directly with sample coordinators to improve problem jobs.
- Utilize PowerShape software to design gating to achieve both plant and customer requirements.
- Assist CAM designer on the machining of gating.
- Understand the design and build of Disamatic mold patterns, core setters, Laempe / CB / D75 core boxes.
- Generate build and assembly drawings for pattern shop. Answer any questions that may arise.
- Work with other pattern personnel to determine tooling rework strategies.
- Responsible for making recommendations in regard to process improvements as well as new technology.
- Train personnel as required.
If selected for consideration, candidates must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, reference check/verification, and a pre-employment drug screen. BENEFITS :
- 3 or more years of related experience and/or training, including a working knowledge of 3D CAD (preferably PowerShape and Inventor) systems utilizing surfacing as well as knowledge of Magmasoft.
- Knowledge of iron gating best practices.
- Ability to create 3D models from 2D layout drawings.
- Ability to apply non-uniform shrink, draft and offset parting to models.
- Understanding of off-set parting and pattern offsets.
- Employ critical thinking, logic, and reasoning to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement