Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.
We offer an inclusive, highly collaborative workplace and we recognise our biggest asset is our people; they drive our innovation advantage. Our social Employee Resource Groups, including our active Women of Hitachi, LGBTQ+, CSR and Veteran's communities represent our diverse employee base. Diversity and individuality are welcomed and we're looking for like-minded, passionate and driven people to join us. In return, we offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative culture where you can come to work, be yourself and be successful. Meet our team
An opportunity exists for a proven Big Data Pre-sales Consultant to join the Insights and Analytics Practice (I-A) of Hitachi Vantara to work on next generation Big Data implementations and applications. He/she, will be responsible for guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data project from the client requirements and needs analysis, to the architecture design (including even infrastructure), project delivery and the solution implementation (project implementation, testing and deployment).
Hitachi Vantara is looking for candidates with a broad set of technology skills to be able to design and build robust big data solutions.
Big Data set of technologies to demonstrate capabilities and expertise:
Analytics - Visualization technologies with a minimum of experience as of:
• Power BI
• PentahoWhat you will be doing
• Working with the sales team, be focused on positioning to customers from a technical perspective.
• Assisting and supporting proof of concepts.
• Designing and building the appropriate pre-sales demonstration environment and keep this updated.
• Providing support to the sales team on all technical matters and support intender documents. Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed design
• Participating in the project definition workshops and design sessions, to ensure consistency of messaging from sales activity.
• Providing go live support as appropriate.
• Providing follow up support post go live as required.What you bring to the team
• Language skills: Spanish, English written and spoken will be required.
• Skilled in building relationships with clients and in practice development activities
• Strong communication and customer interface skills. Ability to present business and technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups
• The selected candidate will need to have a proven track record working on real case studies in predictive maintenance models/projects.
• The success candidate will have to demonstrate expertise leading and building Big Data architectures and will need to be familiar with the leading markets cloud technologies such as AWS and Google.(demonstrate experience will be required)
• Pentaho experience will be a plus
• Required experience in Oil - Gas, Energy or Manufacturing projects will be a must
• Business analytics, having worked with visualization platforms and data platform architectures will be welcome
• Experience with agile methodologies
• Strong in general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices, security, hardware, networking, OS, DBMS, middleware, etc.)
• Strong analytical problem solving skills; ability to gather and analyse disparate information from multiple sources into meaningful insights and associated action plans.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit: Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect; Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity; Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge