Meet The Team
You will work on the Hybrid Cloud Product Architect team as a Software Product Architect for cloud and kubernetes platform offerings. As a product architect you will provide architectural design direction, define features and capabilities, plan for the product and customer requirements of our hybrid cloud products and services, and drive strategic discussions on infrastructure as code as well as customer agility and operational efficiency. You will design, develop, document, test, debug, and use new and existing software systems, applications, solutions, and tools. You will serve as a technical leader on development projects. You will be responsible for scoping customer needs and defining and architecting software products. Participates in development life cycle including requirements analysis, design and testing. Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality. Identifies and evaluates new technologies for implementation. Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as needed. May consult with Product Management or end user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.What You Will Be Doing
Collaborate with various extended teams, such as Product, UX, Content, Documentation, Engineering, and QA to design, implement, and test the best solution possible for the platform.
• Design and implement the extensible open APIs framework to enable platform extensibility for customer and business partner pipelines and applications through technical leadership.
• Drive, participate in, and govern the design and implementation of both frontend and backend features.
• Plan and create automated test cases for UI, CLI, and API scenarios using tools like Go, Jenkins, Selenium (or other test frameworks), and various scripting languages as appropriate.
• As a Software Product Architect you will develop cloud and kubernetes based solutions for enterprise grade products and services
• Work with product teams to evaluate the market and industry, identify gaps and opportunities, and define product and feature requirements
• Work with engineering teams to architect, design, and realize products and product features
• Evaluate, recommend, and adopt open source solutions related kubernetes and workload day 1 and day 2 operations
• Design - lead hybrid cloud product and service feature development
• Support field in customer focus solution development based on hybrid cloud products and services
• Address customer needs and issues to ensure a successful product in the market. This requires a competency in business, customer service, and technology
• Collaborate across the company and partner ecosystem to incubate and innovate products and features
• Mentor and coach a shared and globally distributed engineering team to meet the business needs through design, execution, and validation to ensure high performance and quality of our products and servicesWhat You Bring To The Team
Minimum of 6 to 10 years of relevant industry experience
• Strong experience in Software Development subject matters and experience architecting, designing, and automating platform products and services
• Architecture knowledge of Software Development security platforms
• Proven knowledge in areas of infrastructure and application orchestration, management, virtualization, and containerization
• Knowledge and experience with various industry projects, forums, and standards organizations
• Experience in customer facing roles, working with product development, and engineering organizations
• Experience in contributing to opensource projects
• Experience on cloud management platforms, cluster management platforms, and container orchestration (i.e. - Kubernetes)
• Experience with container-based and microservices development architectures
• Fluent with software engineering practices like DevSecOps, agile methodologies, continuous integration, test automation, and continuous delivery
• Proven software development agile methodology experience
• Strong debugging skills and demonstrated effective verbal and written communication in a customer facing environment.
• Experience developing servers, applications, services, and databases.
• Familiarity with git, and various development tools: IDEs, and others on Mac, Linux, or Windows platforms.Preferred Expertise
Relevant experience in the use, configuration, and interconnectivity of cloud and on-premise infrastructure (server, network, storage) for product, application, or online service development and delivery
• Have worked on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
• Have exercised significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
• Experience using Container management technology such as Kubernetes and Docker.
• Experience with API development.
• Experience working on Linux, building containerized services and with Kubernetes based deployments.Key Skillsets
Product Development, Online Services Development, Architectural Design, Product Architecture, Open Source, Cloud, Development, Orchestration, CI/CD, Virtualization
• Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues; seen as a subject matter expert
• Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams; may participate in cross-functional initiatives
• Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees
• Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies
Any of the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Technology with any industry specification
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with any industry specification
• Equivalent degree
• Equivalent industry related experience Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge