Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property, and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.What you'll be doing
As the Data Governance Lead, you'll support the development and implementation of the enterprise's data governance strategy. This includes considering all processes, procedures, and standards necessary to ensure high value data is supported and delivered to the organization. You'll be working to review, evaluate, test, and document emerging data governance technologies, methodologies, and best practices. This includes leveraging your deep experience in the implementation of data governance solutions in such areas as: data quality, data lineage, data glossary, data security management, metadata management, and advanced data analysis solutions. You will closely collaborate with Senior level executives (DG Council members), Business Data Owners and Stewards. The role requires a detail-oriented communicator to execute on the driving process to govern data at an enterprise scale.
Support the development and implementation of the Data Governance strategy:
• Support the definition and execution of the data governance vision, mission, strategy, and charter.
• Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable data privacy regulations and policies.
• Forge strong business and stakeholder partnerships to ensure widespread adoption of the data governance strategy across the enterprise.
• Align tactical initiatives to the data governance strategy across projects and programs.
Lead the definition and documentation of Data Governance processes:
• Lead working sessions with operational and information system owners on the onboarding of new data assets including documentation of processes, procedures, system interfaces, data dictionaries, data models and requirements for all new analytical data assets.
• Co-ordinate the organization's access control profiles for key data assets on the analytics platform.
Drive Data Governance and Management on an on-going basis:
• Facilitate the Data Governance Council meetings
• Define standards for cataloging data assets in support of a wide variety of use-cases.
• Support the organization's efforts around master data management, metadata management, data stewardship, data privacy and security.
• Lead the design, build, and execution of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
• Actively contribute with a broad range of stakeholders as part of the Data Governance Council
Operate, Monitor and Report on Data Quality:
• Take accountability for setting documentation and enforcement policies and procedures that track and ensure high data quality is created and management in alignment with business needs.
• Lead the creation of defining metrics and KPIs as part of a Data Quality Scorecard as well as dashboards and reports to keep track of these metrics and KPIs.
• Forge strong working relationships with business partners to analyze root cause for data defects and duplicate data issues - prioritizing remediation efforts and ensure assessment of remediation.
• Act as a liaison to the business on the quality of data and outstanding gaps.What you bring to the team
• Professional experience in data architecture and governance, software development, data analysis, data science, or data management or 7-10 years of experience in the data field
• Most recent 3+ years leading Data Governance Strategy and Implementation
• 2-5 years' experience working in a Data Governance Framework
• Expert level knowledge of Data Governance and Catalog Solutions, Master Data Management Solutions, Data Management / Programming Languages.
• Technical competency in SQL or Python
• Experience working in Agile methodology
• Great communication and collaboration skills
• Strong project and change management skills
• Experience working with Finance, IT, and other cross functional groups in a team environment to provide support.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, IT, or related field or relevant years of experience.
- "For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $106,000 - $151000. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions."
Hitachi Vantara is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge