Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Director-level leader to turbocharge the Strategic Pricing Analytics team within the Global Pricing organization. You will lead the transformation of data assets, reporting, analytics, and capabilities to accelerate the adoption of your data and analytics as key drivers of revenue growth and competitive advantage, as well as optimizing pricing and discounting decisions. In this role, you will partner extensively with Product, Marketing, Sales, Services, Partners, Finance, and others to design, evaluate, implement and drive global adoption of pricing analytics for new and existing offerings and monetization models.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Global Pricing Enablement - Analytics, you will apply your knowledge of statistical modeling and analysis to explain and solve impactful business problems. Insights from your analyses - delivered via tools, systems and presentations to all levels of the company - will drive pricing recommendations across our entire offering portfolio and all monetization models, including XaaS, upfront purchases, leases, subscriptions, consumption, benefit-sharing, etc.
You will leverage your strong business acumen and your ability to deliver automated, scalable systems, tools and deliverables to share information and inspire confidence to make better pricing decisions more quickly.What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will have both talent and passion for the following:
• Framing and approaching difficult problems to build alignment on achieving the desired business outcomes
• Synthesizing large amounts of data into well-formulated and actionable recommendations
• Applying statistical analysis to drive strategic and tactical decision-making
• Communicating vision, plans, requirements and results clearly and effectively
• Thought leader to drive data-led, market-driven pricing strategy and execution decisions
• Apply statistical analysis methods (incl. regression, conjoint, etc.) to guide product packaging, pricing and sales GTM decisions
• Visualize, interpret and present the results of the analyses, including both tactical and strategic recommendations, up through executive management
• Lead or support virtual cross-functional teams to design and implement easy-to-interpret, actionable dashboards for various target audiences to track past and current sales and pricing performance, compare to forecasts and plans, and identify opportunities
• Design and development of automated reporting, repeatable processes, visualization, and tools for pricing-related information across a variety of delivery mechanisms and applications
• Analyze the organization's strategy versus evolving market trends, and use your findings to influence pricing strategies and execution
• Propose innovative solutions to meet the competitive pricing intelligence and decision support needs of the business
• Interrogate data warehouses and data marts in response to ad-hoc business queriesWhat you bring to the team:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, a strong ability to team with others, and an intuitive servant leadership style
• High energy, creative, and self-starting; comfortable with ambiguity and self-driven to complete multiple projects on time
• Strong presentation skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Master's Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Quantitative Marketing, or Engineering preferred, or an MBA combined with professional experience in a quantitative discipline performing statistical analysis
• 5+ years of experience in tech industry pricing and/or strategic financial analysis, business planning or analysis, or similar quantitative, analytical discipline
• Experience with advanced pricing analytics applications (PROS, Vendavo, etc.) is highly desired
• Knowledge and experience with system integrations, data mapping and software development principles
• Expert knowledge of data modeling and Excel, as well as statistical, database and data visualization products (e.g. R, SPSS, SS, SQL, Access, Pentaho, Tableau)
• Experience working with sales representatives and leadership
• Expertise with other standard office technology products and apps (e.g., MS Office - PowerPoint, Word, etc...)Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge