Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension, and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services, and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Understanding the administration for SAN and storage environments
- Collaborating with Customer's storage support teams
- Participating in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned task(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
- Supporting the design, operation, workflow, and issue resolution for the storage infrastructure.
- Help maintain systems level maintenance for storage infrastructure.
- Responsible for tracking existing storage usage trending and capacity planning for future growth.
- Maintaining storage documentation, procedures, and reporting
- Providing Storage Area Network Configuration and Administration
- Storage Allocations to server infrastructure
- Monitoring storage subsystem and SAN switch capacity
- Problem diagnosis, resolution, and documentation
- Investigating and diagnosing raised problem(s) or problem records for root cause analysis
- Performing necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with best practices and Company change management policies.
- Performing host-level tasks as requested to access new storage.
- Interfacing with assigned Hitachi Vantara's storage engineers to manage the implementation of all additional storage infrastructure and storage services.
- B.S. Degree from an accredited university in related field.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent computer proficiency.
- English proficiency.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours, and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge