Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking a Sr. Global Supplier Manager [GSM] for Datacenter Infrastructure and IOT [HW and SW] to work in our Procurement team reporting to VP, Global Supply Chain Procurement. This individual will partner with Product Management, Sales, Services, NPI, Engineering and other Supply Chain leadership team members to define and implement supplier/commodity sourcing strategies and drive product cost - supply base management.What You Will Be Doing
• Manage supplier relationships including RFQ, supplier selection, business model, quarterly business reviews, supplier scorecards and supplier corrective actions
• Establish a close relationship with internal stakeholders including Alliances, Product Management, Sales, Services and Supply Chain team to get proactively engaged in the process, support the product/solutions strategy and provide guidance from a procurement point of view.
• Work with legal to negotiate contracts [HW and SW] and business T-C's relating to payment terms, delivery terms, lead times, and other strategic issues with key suppliers
• Negotiate cost including benchmarking and should-cost for key products and commodity items; continually identify and implement cost savings opportunities and avoidance
• Industry benchmarking and competitive landscape for key technologies/commodities. Advise leadership team on pricing trends, supply/demand situations, etc. that could impact the business
• Facilitate quarterly technology/product road maps with key suppliers
• Lead and support implementation of best-in-class practices and continuous improvement of systems and processes.What You Bring To the Team
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, supply chain management or a related area, with a Master's degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in procurement, supply chain or related, delivering measurable value and results
• Strong knowledge of the storage/server and IOT [HW and SW] industry, potential cost levers and familiarity to utilize different benchmarking sources
• Leader with a positive, proactive, dynamic presence; possesses outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong and effective negotiator; able to balance cost, financial, quality, and legal terms as required during complex negotiations
• Strategic and innovative thinking; proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Pro-active, moves quickly and flexible; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge