Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., builds information management and Social Innovation solutions that help businesses succeed and societies be safer, healthier and smarter. Our IT infrastructure, analytics, content and cloud solutions and services drive strategic management and analysis of the world's data. Hitachi Vantara is expanding its product management team to continue down the path of innovation it is known for in the industry.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and senior product leader for Lumada Data Management products which include data integration, data governance, data catalog, data quality amongst other capabilities. You will be a Product Manager on the Product Management team and will be responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product(s) that the engineering team builds. Product Managers lead cross-functional teams from ideation through execution and launch. Product Managers are responsible for setting a product vision and strategy in addition to optimizing the product's market position and financial returns consistent with the corporate strategy. What You Will Be Doing
- Establish and manage a data management roadmap including strategic priorities for development of features for the Lumada Data Ops suite - data catalog, data flow manager, data catalog and data quality.
- Serve as a liaison between product, business stakeholders and technology teams to ensure that data related requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood as part of prioritization, planning, and product design.
- Engaging with internal and external customers on a regular basis via multiple channels.
What You Bring To The Team
- Distilling, specifying ("Why", "When", and "What"), and prioritizing product/feature requirements through Epic, Feature, and User Stories.
- Defining key positioning and messaging elements.
- Collaborating with designers (UI/UX) and software engineers to deliver the products / features and solve problems along the way.
- Building and managing project plans to ensure products and/or features include all the resources needed to get they get done on time.
- Creating, communicating, and managing the product strategy, vision, and roadmap or plan of record.
- Managing bi-directional product communications with internal and external customers.
- Testing (or ensure testing) that the product or feature meets specified requirements when released.
- Documenting (or ensure documenting) product functionality.
- Defining KPIs and setting targets that move the team toward success.
- Supporting sales and solution opportunity pursuit.
- Managing the full lifecycle of the product including commercializing and releasing the product/features.
- Bachelors degree required, computer science, engineering, statistics or mathematics preferred.
- 12-15 years technical experience in development, data engineering or data architecture • 10-15 years technical leadership
- Large enterprise data architecture, data engineering and data strategy experience
- Expert knowledge of data structures and modelling • Programming language experience
- Experience with Schema design and dimensional data modelling
- Experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Proven experience developing and implementing data strategy
- Advanced critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Strong technical managerial experience leading and developing teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge