Meet our Team
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Product Operations and Strategy
to support our Products Business. The primary focus of the role will be working with the Product leadership to drive business growth and operational excellence across the business unit. Additionally you will be responsible for the business' ongoing operations, translating strategy into action through scalable execution, consistent governance and effective transformation.
You have a passion for improving business performance. You enjoy working with numbers, but also understand the broader business context around them. You have experience with enterprise technology, business operations or GTM functions and are committed to finding solutions that meet the needs of the business, drive alignment, productivity, and effectiveness.
This role offers an opportunity to impact the execution of our product strategy and roadmap, and overall business success.What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leadership to define, develop, and execute on our Product strategy. Includes quarterly, annual and long term planning for the Infrastructure and Software products business.
- Identify and prioritize areas for execution and operational improvement. Drive impactful process improvements and overall go-to-market strategy through the initiation of ideas, cross-functional alignment, and execution of change management.
- Support Portfolio Management, Product P-L reporting, and prioritization of strategic investments.
- Establish operational cadence and rhythm around setting targets and tracking progress.
- Build relationships across the organization to drive cross functional alignment, specifically with GTM, Product Management and Engineering. Extend alignment across other organizations to amplify synergy, improve collaboration and reduce redundancy to effectively execute on company strategy.
- Provide business process, systems and tools support. Evaluate and select tools and platforms for optimization and delivery of key business process and analytics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or associated fields
- 5+ years relevant work experience in the high-tech domain
- Demonstrated capability to influence and manage change with executives across functions
- Experience leading through and executing cross functional initiatives
- Proven ability to bring alignment, negotiate and influence stakeholders, to drive projects to completion
- Exceptional communications skills, with the ability to communicate and present effectively to both executives and field teams in both one-on-one and group settings
- Proven experience designing processes that scale
- Basic understanding of the as-a-service, customer success and recurring revenue business
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- Deep analytic skills, the ability to home in on key data, derive and communicate insights
- MBA or Master's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, or associated fields
- Relevant work experience in Strategy Consulting, or with a Software or Data storage provider, in Strategy, Operations, Business Development or Product Management roles
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge