Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value.Job Overview
The EMEA Financial Analyst provides accounting and finance support to the EMEA Services Controller.
The analyst provides essential business partnerships with Geo Services Leaders, Geo Finance Leaders
and Global Services Finance. The role requires strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze -
present information in a professional - articulate manner.Job Responsibilities
- Provide insightful financial and business advice to Services business leaders based on based on
sound robust financial analysis.
• Monthly and / or quarterly financial reporting and forecasting financial results, trends and analysis
including Services P-L for the Geo as well as Regions.
• Involved in monthly close cycles
• Participate in weekly forecast calls as may be required from time to time and provide data for
submission to executive teams.
• Reporting and forecasting of Services Headcount
• Collaborate with Finance Shared Services to ensure close processes are completed and financial
reporting is accurate and compliant
• Collaborate with Services Operations for cross-functional effective and compliant reporting and
• Support Services AOP process and on-going forecasting including financial analysis and risk
• Accountable for the accuracy of the Services P-L, providing detailed reporting and analysis,
including insights into revenue, margin, opex and contribution profit
• Inclusion of KPI's to be reported against and measured on through the Financial Year.
• Good understanding of Services Incentive Plans, contributing to quota setting process, on-going
quota and attainment management and resolution.
• Assistance with data and performance reporting for QBR's as requested by Services/Finance Leaders
• Any additional data requests relevant for the role as required by the business and Finance
Interacts with (functions and levels of individuals):
• Various roles in the EMEA Services leadership teams
• Geo, regional and country finance leaders
• EMEA FP-A team
• EMEA Controllership organization
• Finance Shared Services
• Global Services finance team and Services Controllers in APAC and AMER
• Services Operations
• HR Business PartnersPrimary Qualifications
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA or CMA
• 3+ year's experience post qualification
• Superior quantitative and analytical skills
• Hands on financial analysis and modeling skills with business sense
• Experience in multinational environments, preferably in the IT Services business
• Working knowledge of US GAAP, revenue recognition and SOX
• Fluent English preferred
• High level of integrity and ethics
• Capable of dealing with management in country and various locations
• Influencing skills at all levels of the business
• Excellent communication - written - verbal
• Excellent business Acumen and judgment and demonstrated ability to work closely and build
sustainable business partnerships with Services leadership - their teams
• Confident dealing with matrix management structure
• Highly motivational and can work under pressure and tight deadline