Job description HITACHI RAIL
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Senior Signaling Design Engineer (Senior Data Configuration Engineer) who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities
- Analyzing drawings and documents that are specific to the project
- Determining the best possible values for the parameters braking distances and times, speed limits in special modes of operation, various timer or delay values, worst-case dimensions
- Develop map of all objects belonging to the system, including signals, switches, tracks, crossings, speed limit zones, and other special zones or objects
- Responsible for Configuration control documents and maintains these documents throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Responsible for generating the CBTC subsystem software kits (binary and other files) for the system.
- Responsible for managing the software generation process and reports as needed for any bugs or development needs for the generic CBTC subsystem software generation tools.
- Revises and maintains the CBTC subsystem software kits using revision-controlled documents and maintains these documents.
- Strong ability to read and analyze sets of technical documents
- Strong ability to understand large and complex sets of rules
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information to understand the implications of that information
- Experience using computing tools such as Python or MATLAB for modeling or simulation of physical systems
- Demonstrated mastery of calculus, differential equations, introductory physics, probability, and numerical optimization
- Ability to write and maintain technical documents
- Ability to explain physical, mathematical, and logical systems in writing and in technical presentations
- Eagerness to ask questions and to engage colleagues for the purpose of gaining and sharing knowledge
- Eagerness to support an inclusive team through recognition of the contributions and value of other team members and through open and honest communication
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Familiarity with railway interlocking principles
- Familiarity with the IEEE 1474.1 safe braking model
- Experience with software configuration management and familiarity with one or more version control tools (e.g. CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic Linux commands
- Experience with debugging in Python
Languages: English Proficiency
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/
Job type Full time