JOB DESCRIPTION *
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Safety and Security Manager
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Honolulu, HI. Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
Demonstrate ability to inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for compliance with corporate and legislative requirements, standards, and regulations.
Highly developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and promote a harmonious safety environment.
Ability to complete written reports and electronic communications expeditiously and with a high-degree of accuracy and professionalism while in the field.
Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of PCs and software applications related to the work, such as MS Office, Word, Excel, Access, SharePoint, etc.
Demonstrate ability to identify and take action on safety-related issues, conduct root cause incident investigations and handle both uncomfortable and sensitive situations.
Job requirements Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or engineering related field or equivalent number of years of experience
• Background with Safety and Security Plan Development
• 5+ Years of experience in Rail Industry
• Communication, presentation and training Development and Delivery Experience
• Experience leading diverse and dynamic teams
• Experience engaging stakeholders from across all disciplines in the HSE Program
• Experience implementing programs and policies within ISO 14001 and 45001 Certified Organizations
• Experience developing and implementing site safety and security programs
• A valid non-probationary Driver's License
• Successful Applicant will be required to obtain their TSSP and PTSCTP within one year of hire date. Desired Skills:
• 5+ Years of Rail Experience
• Transit Safety and Security Program (TSSP)
• Public Transportation Safety Certificate Training Program (PTSCTP) Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or engineering related field or equivalent number of years of experience