Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.Cast Your Own Future.More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Machining ROLE :
Directs and coordinates activities of engineering department to design stable processes through the APQP process and maintain quality /profitability of those processes through use of world class engineering and operational practices. RESPONSIBILITIES :
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Education/Experience Requirements :
- Directs department activities to design new processes, modify existing processes, and improve production techniques.
- Ensure the success of all program launches from concept thru production hand off
- Support Program Manager, Manufacturing Engineers, & Quality Engineers
- Ensure APQP procedure is followed
- Ensure Programs are maintained within Budget
- Ensure Programs are handed off smoothly to Production
- Resolves problems (formally) using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Financially responsible for controlling and tracking costs associated with the engineering department:
- Develop overall goals and targets to achieve EBIT
- Manage Operating Budget and Capital Budget
- Coordinate Machining Operations with Casting Operations leadership.
- Support and Implement Product Safety.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering Preferred
- 10 years' experience in Machining Iron Castings
- Experience in Quality Systems and APQP Requirements
- Experience in launch of New Machining Programs
- Experience with Metrology & Gaging
- Experience with Tooling Systems
- Familiarity with Machining Brake System Components desired
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the following areas:
- Development of Organizational Structure
- Interviewing, Hiring and Training of Employees
- Appraisal and Performance Accountability
- Possess and demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct team meetings, classroom training and develop materials and make presentations
- Flexible work schedule for shift and department mobility.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement