Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.The Role
The Support Specialist provides technical support, advice and assistance to Hitachi Vantara's customers upon their need to address technical, hardware and software system problems. This includes specific products and their integration, as a Solution. The Support Specialist generally deals directly with end users and, as such, must be able to communicate effectively to ensure that requirements as well as answers and advices are well understood by the stakeholders. The type of problems the Support Specialist deals with varies from simple to complex and may include issues such as end user inabilities to access data, poor performance and/or system inefficiencies. The Support Specialist is part of a team of Customer Service professionals who are responsible for providing Hitachi's customers with excellent experience as part of a fast-paced, worldwide 24x7 support center.Responsibilities
- Able to work under high stressful scenarios and maintain professionalism while under pressure.
- To engage product engineering team for possible bugs and product defects
- Collaborate with management and Sales team in directing resolution of critical customer situations
- Work with partners and vendors to resolve multi-vendor issues
- Provide Incident Analysis report per customer and local team's request
- Make suggestions and feedback to product management to improve product quality and functionality
- Participates in process planning and makes recommendations for improvements
- Guide and coach junior support specialists of case handling and technical improvements
- Construct training courses for new product release and knowledge transfer
- Providing support to Hitachi Vantara customers and field teams, including via phone and online tools
- Assisting in the resolution of technical support issues including hardware/software configuration problems, product failures, and technical inquiries.
- Perform problem and customer situation management, escalate to the next level of support when necessary, communicate critical case status to management
- Own and track customer issues using case tracking system
- Utilize multiple applications and technical tools to assist in troubleshooting, communication, and time management
- Shares and documents knowledge via FAQ / KB articles, which can be internal or customer facing
- Attend training sessions and potentially assist in conducting training/workshops
- Participate in team projects that enhance the effectiveness of customer success
- Weekend, holiday, and on call duties as needed or required
- Working closely with the customer to resolve complex system-level problems on multiple platforms, specific focus on Fibre Channel, FCIP, TCP/IP, SCSI protocols, multipathing technologies, Hitachi Vantara products and solutions along with having strong knowledge of supporting Broadcom (Brocade) and CISCO SAN and IP products and solutions.
- The candidate needs to be someone who values teamwork and can contribute to the entire group who is a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Able to maintain professionalism while under pressure.
- Investigating, diagnosing, and analyzing technically difficult and/or politically sensitive problems.
- Capturing customer interactions in writing including investigation, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
- Managing workload to ensure all customers issues are handled in a timely manner and driven to resolution.
- Documenting known issues, workarounds, and general information to add to the support knowledgebase.
- Staging suspected issues with lab hardware to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Continually learning to stay informed of new product features, related applications, hardware and technologies.
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service including clear communication, problem solving and technical writing skills
- Possess good organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously within a fast paced and changing environment
- Positive self-starter, able to take direction, and work within a team environment
- Aptitude and eagerness to learn and support new products and systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills, an ability to analyze and resolve complex problems with a positive, friendly customer-service attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team setting.
- In depth knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Experience using Veritas NetBackup is required.
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline is desired.
- Skills in the following areas are highly desired:
- Extensive knowledge of Fibre Channel Solutions (Brocade, Cisco)
- Extensive knowledge of storage technologies (tape device, SCSI, SAN, iSCSI, etc
- Strong knowledge and experience in Enterprise Storage Solutions (Hitachi, Dell, IBM)
- Sound knowledge of Operating systems/Hypervisors (Windows, Linux, VMware)
- Network Attached Storage
- Programming Skills (Python, REST API)
- Exposure to server virtualization platforms (VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenStack, CloudStack) and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.) considered a plus.
- Experience and understanding of snapshot and data replication technologies.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.