Meet our Team
This position is responsible for provide desktop support services to Hitachi Vantara end users globally. The candidate will be performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware and software problems. The candidate is responsible to make effective use of available technical resources and provide the service within established service levels. He/she will be performing installs, moves, adds and change, data backup/restores, computer virus management, data migrations, and PC refresh activities.What You Will Be Doing
• Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end user workstations, including the installation these upgrades (for example memory).
• Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company's desktop computing environment.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, IMs and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems.
• Work with the company's helpdesk on assigned tickets/tasks.
• Answer to and perform new hire requests as they are submitted through the service desk.
• Deploy software through SCCM (SMS).
• Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Interface with third-party support and equipment vendorsWhat You Bring To the Team
• Associate Degree in information technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum of 3 years of IT Desktop Support experience.
• Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Windows 7 highly desired.
• A+ certification highly desired.
• Strong technical skills in supporting x86/x64 hardware platforms.
• Ability to quickly trouble-shoot and resolve problems.
• Experience working in an Active Directory environment including SCCM.
• Experience with O365 and Teams collaboration
• Experience with desktop virtualization (e.g. Citrix) preferred but not required.
• Concentrated focus on defect reduction and quality of services.
• Excellent customer relations and customer support skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, global, collaborative environmentTHIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITIONOur Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage as we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.With Japanese Roots Going Back Over 100 Years, Our Culture Is Founded On The Values Of Our Parent Company Expressed As The Hitachi Spirit
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge