Meet our Team
Hitachi Vantara is seeking an experienced Product Manager who will have responsibility for meeting overall business objectives associated with mid-range storage and storage-media. The position provides the opportunity for setting technical and business direction for the new NVMe storage subsystem and responsibility for its implementation into the larger server and storage product solutions. The role will focus on defining and driving features and has responsibility for market analysis, technology trends, roadmap, feature prioritization and requirements definition. This person will play a significant role in the business and resulting technology decisions for storage product lines. What you'll be doing
1. Build and execute product strategy and roadmap for mid-range NMVe and hybrid storage products including NVMe/SAS SSD and HDD media.
2. Regularly study market trends and competitive products, understand competition's value-positioning, and recommend product strategies to build a portfolio that wins against competition. Prepare presentations, white papers, and comparative charts showing Hitachi's value-add and present during customer meetings, trade shows and executive briefings.
3. Identify customer problems in the target market segments and translate these into market requirements and use cases. Work with Marketing team to develop Market Requirements Documents (MRD) and author Product Requirements Documents (PRD) to describe features and enhancements aligned with product strategy. Drive overall roadmap, feature tradeoffs, prioritization and requirements based on business and customer needs. Create and maintain business plans for assigned products.
4. Identify new markets, new products and emerging technologies and build/strengthen partnerships with leading providers in the market to enhance Hitachi Vantara product portfolio.
5. Manage all Go-to-Market (GTM) activities for new products, upgrades, and revisions and coordinate with a cross-functional team toward successful product launch/update.
6. Manage the entire lifecycle of the assigned product(s) and solutions. Requires experience in applying all elements of product life-cycle management, including launch, transition, and end-of-life.
7. Perform other duties as assigned What you bring to the team
1. BS degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Master's degree in EE/CE/CS or MBA a plus.
2. 8+ year experience, with at least 3 years in Product Management or Systems Engineering in IT industry. Minimum of 5 years of experience in Hardware and Software engineering development.
3. Knowledge of block storage, file systems, and/or distributed file systems. Deep experience within the storage industry across Private/Public Cloud, Flash, HDDs, NAS/SAN/Object storage systems and associated software.
4. Demonstrated technical and architectural knowledge of FC and NVMe, knowledge at the system PCIe level and up to the OS driver stacks. Knowledge of other storage I/O protocols such as SAS, SATA, balancing theoretical and practical considerations, documenting requirements in sufficient detail to enable design and implementation.
5. Proven experience working with customers, channel partners, sales and industry thought leaders towards developing a clear view of a forward product roadmap. Strong business acumen and focus on positive outcomes for the customer is required.
6. Ability to think both strategically and tactically. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong drive for results. Prepares and presents strategic business plan to any audience, including executives, industry analysts and customers. Outstanding customer focus and critical thinking skills.
Position is based in California, United States. Ability to travel about 25% of the time. Errors have a high impact on product margin, sales and supportability. This is an exciting position that requires a candidate passionate about continuously delivering highly innovative combined software- and hardware-based storage solutions to the market.Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge