Meet our Team
This position is responsible for providing support services to the Hitachi Vantara distribution center based in Norman Oklahoma. The candidate will be performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of IT hardware and software problems. The proper candidate will be able to take the lead and be able to work alone or in a team environment. This role will also include working on projects and representing IT.What you'll be doing
- contact for all support issues in the distribution center with short response time SLAs.
- Act as initial escalation point for all onsite IT related issues.
- Manage and optimize appropriate ticket queues to minimize Customer downtime.
- Troubleshoot and resolve iOS and Android mobile computing/communications device issues.
- Coordinate onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for end users, along with recommend and implement corrective solutions.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators, system administration and Desktop Engineering to ensure efficient operation of the company's computing environment.
- Prepare, maintain, and uphold procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring operation metrics.
- Accurately document distribution center processes and procedures.
- Interface with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- After hours and weekend work as needed by the site.What you bring to the team
- 2+ years equivalent work experience in the field of IT hardware/software desktop support
- Strong hands-on technical skill with laptops and peripherals such as printers
- Experience in a warehouse environment and supporting hardware such as barcode scanners.
- Certification in ITIL desired but not necessary
- A+ certification highly desired but not necessary
- Basic network understanding, support experience a plus.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including Windows and Apple platforms.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, OS X, and Server 2012
- -Knowledge/experience with Printer Management, including adding/removing printers on print server
- Support experience with Microsoft products like O365, Teams, and MFA on Windows and OS X
- -Experience with Windows Remote Assistance tools like Bomgar.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Must work well in a multi-task environment.
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to establish priorities.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills for dealing with customers Face to face.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motion.THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge