The Solutions Consultant (SC) is a customer-focused technical sales professional who leads the technical sales effort in commercial accounts by supporting pipeline generation activities and development of solutions architectures and technical proposals. He/she partners with the Territory Sales Manager and the Partners ecosystem in building a customer centric sales value proposition. The SC provides high level technical information and design/implementation guidance to several customers and to business partners. The SC coordinates additional resources (Technical Experts (TE), Demo labs, etc.) to recommend, develop and propose appropriate customer solution and services offerings.Main Responsibilities:
Entry - Qualification Criteria:
- Establish a trust relationship with the customers and business partners
- Develop a strong understanding of the customer's issues and business
- Formulate a strategy/solution that provides a positive impact to the customer's business.
- Own the technical customer relationship and manages the technical aspects of the opportunity.
- Lead technical discussions with the customer and account team
- Translate business needs into technical requirements, develop and present a technical vision, business case and physical solution specifically modeled for their customer.
- Manage multiple campaigns, while serving as the central point of technical contact for their customers, as well as, the Hitachi Vantara account team and business partners.
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent formal education in technical studies. Computer Sciences Bachelor degree or better is ideal.
- 5+ years in an equivalent role supporting solutions sales, with relevant experience in IT Infrastructure (storage, servers, backup, replication, virtualization, cloud...) either in Hitachi Vantara, a similar competitive company, customer or IT services company.
- Good communication skills to be able to effectively represent Hitachi Vantara in customer meetings and presentations.
- In depth knowledge of today's customers IT environments.
- Good command of today's collaborative IT tools (Office suite...)
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the customer and Hitachi Vantara environment.
- Fluent with written and spoken Swedish and English
- Ability to prepare documents and reports with clear structure, plain language and good logic.
- Good personal presence, well-organised, adaptable and clear thinker.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Innovative, actively looking for solutions to challenges.
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented.
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision.
- An ability to understand customers business objectives, technology environment, issues and strategy, so that you can be perceived as a trusted technology advisor
- The aptitude to identify key decision makers and build relationships that enable you to increase your level of influence within accounts
- Proven communication skills to be able to engage effectively at all levels within the customer and Hitachi Vantara environment
- An ability to connect and collaborate with virtual teams around you to create and deliver innovative solutions - the Hitachi Vantara team is here to support your success!
- You follow and are passionate about industry trends and can share advise and expertise with your customers, extrapolating the business benefits of technology solutions to meet their needs
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge