Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition.What you'll be doing
Hitachi Vantara is powering the digital enterprise and helping enterprises win in this digital age by extracting business value from their data. Our customers are facing unprecedented challenges to develop new business models, enhance their customers' experiences and dramatically improve operational efficiencies. This role is a unique opportunity to lead significant change in a quickly evolving marketplace. Hitachi has a 100+ year heritage of innovating and shaping the course of technology markets. The sales function is the primary point of contact for our customers and will spearhead customer relationship management initiatives. The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for the orchestration of sales activities in an assigned number of existing Platinum Accounts within our Core and Emerging line of business. The sales activities will be performed in collaboration with other DS specialist sales teams, technical resources, partners/GSI's and with the allocation of resources from functional teams such as Delivery, Operations etc.The successful candidate will:
- Develop account plans to maximize the value of the accounts and to build and nurture client relationships in alignment to the overall Global Client Partners' long term strategy in our large Global FSI accounts
- Works collaboratively with other sales teams, such as Client Partners, DI Global Solution Consultants, DS Sales Executives, DS Customer Architects, DI Services Sales Specialists and other supporting functions to manage account planning strategies, opportunity pursuits, development of proposals and statements of work to achieve growth
- Will ensure alignment to Global and Regional strategy and have the ability to monitor, measure and communicate progress against stated goals.
- Manage complex sales engagements, identify key decision makers and build effective relationships.
- Work to increase Hitachi Vantara's share of wallet in the assigned Platinum accounts.
What you bring to the team
- Ensure a consistent One Hitachi approach for the customer by regular account team communication and alignment to one account plan.
- Business needs identification and Solution Selling.
- Understand business priorities and the reliance on technology to achieve desired results.
- Understand the client strategy, political/competitive landscape and budget priorities.
- Build up critical C-Level relationships
- Use solutions selling to identify opportunities that add value to our customers by helping them save money, make money or manage risk. Reference sell based on library of business outcome focused references.
- Lead Generation.
- Carry out account research with a focus to farm the install base as well as analyze accounts to find key decision makers and influencers for our solution portfolio.
- Drive new revenues through incremental sales - net new customers.
- Maintain and expand prospect database within assigned accounts.
- Partner with the channel and specialist sales teams to create new sales opportunities.
- Experience selling to large Global Banking and Financial customers
- University degree in business economics or information technology or similar level
- A minimum of 6 years of outside sales experiences specializing in new logo acquisition and/or new business development.
- An avid hunter with a proven track record of sourcing new leads and leveraging social networking to gain access to decision-makers/influencers necessary to close business.
- Domain knowledge of large enterprise IT environments and corporate buying centers is critical.
- Relationship and sell with experience with top VARs and Integrators.
- Subject matter expertise in data storage, data management, data analytics and other IT services.
- Must demonstrate a consistent track record of achieving annual quota targets while providing specific details on key customer wins.
- Excellent time/organizational management, deal management and problem solving skills.
- Knows how to conduct customer research and develop meaningful account plans.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Possesses a competitive attitude, strong work ethic and thrives in a fast pace, high growth and matrixed organizational environment.
- Has a desire to learn and an aptitude for acquiring new skills and product knowledge.
- Must be a proficient user of SalesForce and other MS Office tools.
- Strong negotiation and business closing skills.
- Excellent business acumen and industry insight.
- Solution knowledge and expertise in information management solutions ideally with further know how in digital data ops solutions (e.g. big data, analytics, artificial intelligence, internet of things)
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge