Meet our Team
Our NBSS Support team are a small, specialist team that provide technical and functional Application Management Support on a critical Cancer Screening Programme for our NHS end users across the UK.What you'll be doing
What you bring to the team
- Working as part of a Service team to design, develop and implement solutions using Intersystems Cache. Your role will be 'Application Development Consultant' within a key healthcare service.
- Analysis of customer requirements and presentation of recommendations, proposals and enhancements moving through to the development lifecycle
- Providing occasional third line support, where required due to business need
- Attending and Contributing to Customer meetings, workshops/user groups as may be required
- Working in line with agreed estimates and delivering on time and to budget in line with agreed requirements and as prioritised by the NBSS Development Manager
- Creating Specifications and managing their lifecycle
- Driving CSI and Innovation
- Proven experience of Development lifecycle, ideally from initial requirement through to requirements specification (technical and functional), solution design, implementation and rollout.
- Hands-on exposure to working and programming in an environment using Intersystems Cache, and Cache Object Script.
- Able to clarify requirements with Clients and End Users, ensuring that requirements are clearly documented and signed off
- Able to provide accurate and justifiable estimates for development work
- Familiarity with software development methodologies and processes like Waterfall and Agile
- Ability to use initiative, take ownership and deliver to required standards with minimal oversight
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you.Our Values
Research tells us that some applicants, especially those from underrepresented groups, can be put off from applying for roles if they need flexibility or feel they don't meet all of the set criteria. We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge