Meet our Team
In the Enterprise Information Security team we are very thoughtful about our approach to managing people and our teams. We need a respectful team player that is hard working and can take pride in his/her work. We need someone who thinks outside the box, and seeks better ways of doing things, brings a positive attitude and wants to be a part of something special. We are passionate advocates of information security, and we strive for nothing less than the very best implementation of the Okta platform!What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking an experienced Okta engineer to join a squad of IAM/Okta developers and engineers. This role will help to mature the Identity and Access Management program at Hitachi Vantara, and reports to the Director of Information Security Operations. This role also will work closely with other teams and tools including Active Directory, the Privileged Access Management (PAM), and others. The successful candidate will be someone who is a technically sound senior engineer, that is an expert at managing, configuring, and developing the Okta platform for SSO and enforcement of key security policies including MFA. This role will be responsible for maintaining the health and proper functioning of Okta and ensure excellent customer service to the users in the enterprise who interact with these systems.
• Maintain the proper health, uptime, and proper functioning of the Okta SSO platform
• Work hands on with Okta to mature the management of users, groups, policies, and all aspects of Okta
• Work with application development teams to onboarding applications into the SSO platform
• Provide support including diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues in the Okta platform and work efficiently to resolve them
• Collaborate closely with the Active Directory team and support the integration between Okta and other key systems
• Collaborate with the InfoSec Architecture team, Networking team, Sysadmin team, and other IT teams as needed to support troubleshooting and project tasks
• Follow proper change management and problem management procedures
• Test and evaluate changes and perform deployments during change windows
• Document architecture and processes
• Help design and drive automation that helps achieve resilient and robust platforms that can run themselvesWhat You Bring To the Team
• The ability to support project to accomplish goals under budget, within timelines, and juggling multiple priorities is critical
• Excellent soft skills are a must, we are looking for a strong people person who is thoughtful in his or her approach to working on teams and working with people on other teams.
• 3 years hands on experience with Okta is required.
• Strong/expert level understanding of authentication mechanisms and protocols including LDAP and SAML, and key related security concepts such as MFA, and how these are used with Okta and Active Directory, and the ability to trouble shoot issues in this realm
• Strong/expert level experience integrating applications with Okta for SSO
• Experience with Okta workflows is highly desirable to allow for automation of tasks
• Experience working in large enterprise scale Okta environments, with more than 10,000 users
• Good understanding of Privileged Access Management concepts, and experience using a PAM tool, such as CyberArk or Thycotic
• Understanding of IT Service Management processes and concepts, such as Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, and ability to quickly adapt to adhere to those processes
• Full command of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio
• Good written and oral communication in English
• Self-driven with an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and variables in a dynamic and fast moving large scale project with tight deadlines
• Attention to detail and quality is an absolutely must
• Willingness to work in an international team, with project meetings several times a week in odd hours to support Europe and India Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage, and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed, and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working and compressed/flexible hours. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge
Location: Remote US
For Colorado only (as required by the Colorado Equal Pay Act): The expected salary for this position in our Colorado office is $117K - $130K. Pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's variable pay program, subject to the program's conditions and restrictions.