Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a dynamic international railway signaling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. A career with us offers many benefits including professional growth and development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment. About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join Hitachi Rail based in Brisbane. You will be responsible for updating, maintaining and developing the documentation for our traffic management system through verification of requirements at the sub-system level. The role will involve coordinating consistency with similar projects and collaborating with a global team in both projects and R&D. Accountabilities will include but not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Understand stakeholders' business process.
- Capture stakeholders' needs accurately
- Update and maintain subsystem and component requirements.
- Analyse and write new subsystem and component requirements.
- Perform tracing from system requirements to subsystem requirements to component requirements.
- Review sub-system and component architecture specifications for completeness and accuracy providing input to improve the quality and testability of the design.
- Review, update and develop new designs providing tracing from requirements.
- Develop test procedures with traceability to requirements and design.
- Establish the framework within existing tools to facilitate continuous integration in collaboration with the test team.
- Write and maintain interface specifications.
- Software, Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology Qualifications/ University Degree or Equivalent Technical Background.
- 5 + years System Engineering Expertise with demonstrated experience in being able to manage:
• Complexity - manage and understand complex systems and especially software intensive complex systems.
• Abstraction - demonstrate an ability to transcend the details and apply conceptual solutions to a range of customer needs.
• Safety - a basic understanding of system design (safe system), with a risk-based design approach to mitigate the hazards.
• Railway knowledge is desirable.
• EN 50128 and ISO 9001 knowledge is desirable.