Job description Hitachi Rail STS is a dynamic international railway signalling and transportation solutions company. A Multinational Company, leader in the design, manufacture and supply of railway signalling and transportation control equipment and systems. A career with us offers many benefits including professional growth and development and the opportunity to work in a global and culturally diverse team environment. About the role
The Principal Project Engineer will be responsible for the overall technical solution delivery on Cluster, Signalling & Turnkey projects for bidding and contract phase. This is a permanent full time opportunity based in Brisbane.
You will be accountable for (but not limited to):
- Implement the technical solution.
- Monitor document submission in terms of on time, on quality and on respect of Technology Cost budget, according to the Contract, excluding RAMS.
- Execute project technical activities in line with the Company procedure implementing design and verification process (i.e. design review).
- Ensure the technical interface activities toward the Customer, Authorities and the partners, in case of consortium configuration.
- Ensure that project objectives are clearly communicated to the project team and monitor technical project activities are aligned with the project schedule.
- Gather, check and authorize the TCR and that authorized technical change and variation order are traced and implemented inside design activities and included in the Technology project cost revision.
- Ensure that project technical criticalities/risk list and management is implemented, continuously updated and evaluated with the support of interested Company Functional Manager and the Project Manager.
- Execute the correct Document Management (submission and transmittal process), part of the overall Design Management.
- Contribute that correct Configuration Management process is in place.
- Ensure an interface for the technical definition and construction document delivery during execution of on site activities.
- Guarantee the execution of the Verification activities of project engineering documents and of documents issued by WPLs by monitoring their execution by the Project' WPLs, according to the V&V Plan.
- Contribute to the definition and execution of T&C activities (e.g. acting as interface with other technology unit involved in the project).
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Transportation Engineering.
RPEQ Skills & Experience:
10+ years experience of Engineering project delivery expertise. Demonstrating strong skills and competencies in:
- Electromechanical Design
- Leadership and communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility with time and travel
- Culturally aware and inclusive.