Job description Who We Are
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Hitachi Rail Honolulu
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Maintenance Trainer
to work on our Honolulu Rail Project. As the successful candidate your ideas for continuous improvement and creativity are welcome. The position is based in Pearl City, HI Accountabilities:
- Ensure the implementation of the Competence Management System process and Assessment Cycle
- Ensure the evaluation of the outcomes of training and retraining activities, making recommendations to the trainers for possible improvements in training methods, for course content, coverage, facilities and equipment
- Assist the Training Manager to identify and develop the need Competence Standard of O&M and make revision if required
- Ensure the identification and evaluation of training needs (e.g. by liaising with other managers to understand the requirement of each department
- Ensure the maintenance of a library of all training materials and employee training records within the approved LMS
- Ensure the monitoring of the different training programs in order to assure adequate workload and staffing
Job requirements Required Skills/ Knowledge:
Desired Skills/ Knowledge:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of AC/DC circuits, digital and analog circuits, and electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Knowledge of or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of complex electrical, electronic and digital circuits and mechanical equipment and maintenance standard operating procedures.
- Ability to quickly acquire the knowledge of the Operations and Maintenance Organization operating equipment, Handbook of Rules, SOP's, safety rules, general orders, personnel policies and procedures, and instruction, training and testing techniques.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to a group or individual in a clear and concise manner within a classroom, maintenance shop or field setting.
- Ability to develop training curricula for all maintenance functions such as Automatic Train Control, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Rail Vehicle Systems, Traction Power, etc.
- Ability to work variable hours and shifts.
- 2+ years' training or teaching experience
- Background and experience in rail maintenance, maintenance, or education
- Associates Degree
- Years of experience may be substituted for the education requirements.
Hitachi Rail employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail STS USA Inc. to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.