Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi Family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what is now to what is next by unlocking the value and changing the world with data and applications to solve digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they are the heart of our business and drive a customer obsessed culture. We embrace diversity and inclusivity to stimulate curiosity, to explore, question, challenge, develop and solve problems and deliver ground-breaking data solutions by combining our experience in the market with intelligent and leading platforms, partnerships and vision.
If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we would love to hear from you.Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across all industries, building truly meaningful and long-standing relationships. When we come together, we can improve quality of life across the world, create an environmentally conscious society and help our partners raise corporate value. In doing so, we can power good not just for this generation - but for generations to come.
We strive to hire brightest people, who excel in environments ranging from simple to complex, fast paced, collaborative and transparent environments. We are seeking energetic and passionate individuals to deliver real world solutions while having amazing fun at every step of their journey.What you will be doing
The Presales System Engineer is a customer and partner-focused technical sales professional who leads the Hitachi Vantara presales effort in accounts by partnering with Hitachi Vantara Account Managers, professional services, customer support as well as Channel Partners to build customer-centric and business outcome value propositions. The SE provides technical engagement on key deals and owns the technical layers. The SE builds and nurtures relationships with key partners by helping them optimize, compliment and integrate their solutions with the wider Hitachi Vantara portfolio.
The presales system engineer is such a critical and instrumental role. The SE is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the technical and business. Working with all resources, the Presales System Engineer provides leadership to the account managers, internal key stakeholders and channel partners in the solution design process.What you bring to the table
- Passion, balance and will to succeed no matter what!
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills and be able to lead technical discussions with partners and customers
- Great track record in translate business needs into technical requirements
- Be comfortable presenting to any audience
- Amazing experience and fire in assessing, discovering, design, sizing, proposing, present application and data solutions based on leading enterprise storage, compute and hyperconverged platforms
- Industry experience in Server, Storage, Hyperconverged, Data Center, Networking, Virtualisation and Security
- Experience with lading application and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of market trends and technologies
- Some hands-on experience implementing Server, Storage, Hyperconverged, Data Center, Networking, Virtualisation and Security solutions
- Exhibit ability to collaborate and establish and thrive as a long-term trusted adviser to customers, continual engagement with customers
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and businesses that drive an outcome for our customers
- Proficient in tender writing, response and proposal creation, SOW and other technical documentation
- Proficient in tools to discover, assess and derive technical outcomes
What you bring to the team
- Opportunity Qualification
- Conduct and/or evaluate an assessment of customer business requirements as provided by the customer and/or sales colleagues (Hitachi Vantara or Partner).
- Apply knowledge of customer business requirements to lead the creation of a technical opportunity strategy
- Understand the ecosystem of solution providers and ISVs
- Solutions Development - Presentation
- Assist the Account Managers (and Channel Partners) in moving deals through the sales process
- Own, orchestrate and engage all technical resources; Hitachi Vantara and/or partner
- Where a RFx has been issued by a customer, the SE shall assist in development of the technical solution
- Coordinate solution development by leveraging pre-tested solutions and designs; and by researching customized solutions
- Develop and lead Proof of Concept (PoC) where needed
- Lead/assist in the presentation of Hitachi Vantara solutions to partners/customers, including white-boarding and presentation of technical material, while leveraging, in extreme cases, additional resources as needed
- Communicate with Post-Sales teams and provide adequate documentation for clear handoff to the Post-Sales organizations (partners and customers) where appropriate
- Personal and Organizational Development
- Increase foundational/advanced knowledge of products and solutions over time that are typically positioned through specialty groups (e.g., Data Management/Protection, Data Intelligence, Virtualization and Applications)
- Actively develop technical, professional and sales skills
- Pursue internal and external certifications that increases their value and impact to the SE role
- Relationships Building with key clients - internal resources
- Network effectively and build trust and confidence among partners, customers and peers
- Act in an increasingly consultative fashion and enhance their role as a trusted technical advisor to the customer and to our partners
- 5 years+ related experience in a Presales and/or Professional Services organization with focus on IT solution offerings
- Strong knowledge of the Hitachi Vantara portfolio or a comparable portfolio of other companies/competitors
- Strong relationship skills
- Strong communication and technical skills - fluent in English
- Persuasive presentation and public speaking skills
- Self-motivated, self-starter and results oriented
- Able to work in unstructured environments and situations, and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
- Independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for achieving objectives
- Bachelor's Degree or appropriate equivalent, post graduate course work is desired
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.