Are you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the UK, Europe and Japan? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next – and this is your chance to be part of it.
Your new role:
We are currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our train maintenance facility in North Pole, London. The successful candidate will provide support to the Fleet Director and the UK West Senior Leadership Team.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Diary management for the Fleet Director (UK West) and management of the Senior Leadership Team calendar; understand priorities, mange conflicts and short notice changes
- Coordination of internal and external meetings including the creation of meeting agendas, taking minutes at key meetings, producing accurate and succinct action notes, monitoring, and expediting closure of actions using appropriate business systems.
- Preparing high-level correspondence, background research, documents, presentations and assist in the compiling of reports.
- Prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Fleet Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature, and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Plan, arrange and book extensive and complex travel schedules in advance of meetings.
- Assist with expense reporting, raising of Purchase Requisitions/Orders and team budget management
- Reconciling cash and credit card expenses, utilizing Concur.
- Arrange meeting rooms/ venues; meet and greet visitors and arrange business catering and refreshments.
- Administration of collaborative work platforms including Microsoft 365 Teams, Yammer, SharePoint and Asana.
- Ensures the Fleet Director is kept informed of pending/outstanding issues on a daily basis.
- Answer all incoming calls in a professional manner and pass messages via email, including the appropriate contact name and telephone details screening calls effectively acting as a gatekeeper.
- Ensure all client and key contact enquiries are handled efficiently and effectively, seeking answers and resolving matters personally where appropriate.
- Provide general administrative support including preparing letters, collating and processing expenses, filing documents efficiently, accurately, shredding confidential information, and generally acting as effective conduit to the Fleet Director.
- Ensure appropriate use of Hitachi business systems such as SAP to process expenses, raise PO’s and manage holidays/ absences.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders; such as, IT, Finance, HR, Marketing and Communications when required and ensure queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Be aware of and actively promote and implement Hitachi’s ethos, culture and values.
- Be involved in Hitachi Rai’s staff development and training and participate in PDP procedures.
- Adhere to Hitachi Rail’s Equal Opportunities Policy, comply with, and implement Hitachi Rail’s Health and Safety policy.
- Any other administrative duties as directed by the Fleet Director as required.
- Strong ability to prioritise and ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed written communications skills with experience of report drafting and minute taking.
- Experience of and commitment to the effective implementation of equal opportunities and CSR policies.
- An understanding of health and safety requirements of a working environment.
- Excellent IT Skills including Microsoft 365, Word (advanced), PowerPoint (advanced*), Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Experience of using a travel booking system.
- Experience of SAP
- Educated to GCSE level and/or appropriate vocational qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels including employee, internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to exercise discretion regarding the handling and management of confidential or sensitive information.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated, 'can do' attitude and approach, with ability to work on own initiative without supervision as well as take instruction.
- Flexible and adaptable to various competing demands and working hours to support the Fleet Director when they are travelling.
- Experience operating as a Personal Assistant or similar, in a large complex matrix organisation.
- Experience of other cultures and languages: Japanese and Italian.
Why Hitachi Rail?
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!