The Tool Progression Services (TPS) team is a globally mobile department that supports customers worldwide. This position is will be expected to travel approx. 80% of the time to various customer locations to provide semiconductor equipment support including de-installation, installation, conversion and quality assurance (QA) activities on semiconductor etch equipment including M712E, MU172E, M712XT and M9010.
The TPS Engineer II works closely with customers to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved by meeting their needs of the business including but not limited to: ensuring quality of service and product has been provided and being able to meet project and ramp timelines as established. The TPS Engineer II is responsible for ensuring that these activities are met while ensuring compliance with cleanroom requirements/procedures and safety protocol/procedures.
- This position is a project-based position at our customer sites and is responsible for: meeting project requirements and timelines in supporting aggressive ramps and tool implementation (prior to the tool being placed in sustaining phase). It requires coordination and technical support for de-installations, installations, conversions/upgrades and quality assurance at customer sites worldwide
- TPS Engineer II will be taking the lead on tool installations i.e. controlling work milestones and set the work activity pace for the day based on project timeline. They will also be responsible for providing training and mentoring for the TPS Engineer I.
- The TPS Engineer II is responsible for working autonomously at times and will be making decisions and judgement while engaging in project activities at the customer site.
- Support HTA/SED’s factory and business office in Japan on various projects i.e. gather new tool data, non-conformity reports, etc. and provide feedback back to Japan.
- Will be required to work with Kasado representatives to learn best known methods (BKM) and technical approach to new tools being prepared to be implemented at customer locations.
- Work closely with other functional areas i.e. Field Service/sustaining team to continually improve customer satisfaction
- Work closely with office in Japan and HTA install teams to support customer projects and timelines
- Work closely and will highly interface with the customer to ensure their deadlines and requirements are understood and met. This role will provide direction and guidance back to the customer based upon tool specifications, best known methods (BKMs), technical expertise, etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment while adhering to clean room protocols and safety procedures
- Ensuring attention to detail is followed as it pertains to providing quality of service and product to the customer prior to releasing the tool to the customer for sustaining/production
- Must be willing to backfill and provide support in a field service/sustaining role as needed and applicable.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Five (5) years of related industry experience
- Will be required to complete HTA specific training i.e. Level I, II and III as it pertains to HTA specific semiconductor etch tools and pass the related certifications.
- 80% domestic and international travel
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically up to 80% of the time and with short notice based on business need
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Have a thorough understanding of plasma or RF etch systems and troubleshoot simple technical issues
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills (including English)
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications including: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must be able to work and support a team environment including the ability to engage with team members and provide mentoring and training
- Must be able to work the required shift (7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday-Friday) or as determined In some cases the business may require additional hours/weekend support based on business demands and project needs
- Will also require the individual to be punctual and dependable due to the nature of the business
- Demonstrate the ability to apply technical competency, methods, practices, etc.
- Must be able to read and interpret conversion documentation and installation
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical installation packages
- Proficiency with the following tools: digital multimeters, associated hand tools, levels and jacks, calipers and micrometers, surface plates, etc.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently and able to work for extended periods of times at different customer sites
- Requires the ability to have excellent project management skills by: being able meet project timelines, keep service activities organized, being able to prioritize tasks and be flexible with tasks as the customer environment may change or evolve while actively servicing project work
- Must be able to follow instruction or direction
- Required to follow safety procedure guidelines/protocol
- Required to use personal protective equipment (PPE) as needed and applicable i.e. safety shoes, respirator masks, bump cap, safety glasses, etc.
- Follow all equipment safety protocols
- Complete all Compliance Wire training courses current
- Complete all required safety training at customer sites
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to see small objects within a confined area
- Ability to identify and distinguish color codes
- Ability to transport parts and tool box around work area
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. (objects weighing above 35 lbs. require additional safety equipment to accommodate additional weight)
- Fine in hand manipulation/coordination to support activities with very fine to large leveraged type items
- Ability to engage in communication via telephone
- Ability to hear audible noises
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Capable of passing fit test and annual recertification for breathing air mask/respirator as a requirement of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]