Job description Hitachi Rail
is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Process Improvement & Maintenance Engineer
who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks from administrative to strategic. The position is based in Batesburg, SC. Who We Are Hitachi Rail
is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signaling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. Accountabilities:
• Ensure the analysis of production yield to identify improvement actions
• Ensure the identification of new tools/processes to reduce lead time/improve product reliability
• Ensure the implementation of Hitachi Rail Quality control over suppliers mfg. processes whenever the intellectual property is Hitachi Rail owned.
• Ensure std. cost reduction for labor content of mfg. processes - time studies, process improvements, new mfg. techniques etc.
• Ensure the definition of the internal fabrication process of new Make product - routing creation and maintenance
• Contribute in the activities of Transfer of Technology, issue reporting to R&D, Quality Assurance monitoring of manufacturing, New Product Introduction, Special Process management, production line support, risk assessment and management Required Skills/Knowledge:
• Requires over 3 years of Industrial or manufacturing engineering background, including:
• Production line layout and optimization
• Oral and written communication skills
• PC skills - Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite
• Hands on skills to assemble and accurately document assembly process of mechanical and electronic equipment
• Technical writing skills
• Problem solving skills
• Familiarity with quality management systems
• Project management skills
• Data collection and analysis - SPC
• Independent and team participation assignments
• Collaboration within all levels of a manufacturing operation Desired Skills/Knowledge:
• Electro-mechanical manufacturing experience, signal and communication equipment for rail industry experience, ISO 9001:2015, ISO TS22163 familiarity, SAP experience, Team Center (Product Data Management) experience, Six Sigma certification, IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620, IPC 7711/7721, ESD familiarity, quality inspection experience, Risk analysis and mitigation, MES
• CAD proficiency, Tool/Fixture design Education:
Bachelor's Degree Languages:
English-Proficient Benefits Hitachi Rail
employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a Retirement Savings Plan, and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at www.Hitachi Rail-sts.com/en/careers.
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirailsts/