Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.
This role will be responsible for working across business units in Hitachi to drive the sales motion for named Hitachi Strategic Accounts within the Manufacturing, Mining and Transportation Industrial verticals in North America. The role will own the strategy, execution, and management of the sales program that brings Hitachi business units together to sell solutions and delivery outcomes to clients.
The role will primarily focus on driving opportunities in the areas of Asset Management and Predictive Maintenance (specifically with Lumada EAM, APM and FSM), as well as IIOT and Industry 4.0. In addition, the role will drive more comprehensive Digital Transformation programs and will leverage broader capabilities available from Hitachi Vantara including Advisory Consulting, Digital Modernization, Digital Insights and Data Management services and solutions.
The success of this role is predicated on connecting, building, nurturing, and leveraging relationships across Hitachi with business unit leaders, product leaders and sales teams. Knowledge of operational dynamics and industry trends in the Industrial sector, including Manufacturing, Mining and Transportation, is also required
The ideal candidate will have a consultative sales background that enables them to manage joint go-to-market efforts including the interaction with enterprise customers and sales executives. The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions applying relevant industry, product and technical knowledge.
The role will work in partnership with Hitachi sales and account teams to drive outcomes for our clients, and long-term profitable growth for Hitachi Vantara. The role will be measured based on pipeline growth and revenue generation from the sales program, as well as enabling broader collaboration between Hitachi business units.
The role will be based near one of our core North America locations.
• Work collaboratively with Hitachi business units to achieve sales and revenue targets through selling Asset Management, IIoT, Industry 4.0 another solutions and services to named strategic accounts across the Manufacturing, Mining and Transportation industries.
• Develop and execute an effective business plan that includes identification of strategic accounts and joint account planning.
• Drive the sales process through business discovery, opportunity qualification, needs analysis, solution positioning, vision building, business case development, negotiation and close.
• Understand the buying process and align resources needed to facilitate sales progression.
• Establish a regular cadence with Hitachi business unit representatives to review progress against the plan.
• Maintain accurate forecasts and communicate frequently with the leadership team on progress or challenges within the assigned territory.
• Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Hitachi to help meet company objectives.
• Keep on top of market trends and competitive offerings and provide internal advice and support on the definition, alignment and competitiveness of our solutions and offerings.
Qualifications and Requirements
• In-depth market knowledge in the Industrial sector, including client needs, macro industry trends, and other relevant dynamics.
• Exceptional communication skills, with strong presentation and interpersonal attributes, a confident demeanor, and a comfort with leading discussions.
• Strong working knowledge in the focus areas, including Digital Transformation, Digital Modernization, Digital Insights, IIOT and Data Management services and solutions.
• Previous experience in sales and technology consultancy roles; practical experience and expertise in moderating workshops and selling outcome-based consulting engagements
• Strong collaboration skills working in a team environment and across large and complex organizations.
• Minimum education: Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred).
• Minimum experience: 10+ years related experience with progressively increasing responsibility.
• Will require ~30% travel (post Covid restrictions)
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and part-time arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge