Hitachi Vantara Federal
Hitachi Vantara Federal combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers' experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara Federal elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Join our team and our employee-focused culture and help drive our customers' data to meaningful customer outcomes.The Role/Candidate
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background experienced in designing, deploying, and migrating block, file and object storage solutions. Candidate will be experienced in driving technology solutions and improvements both on customer site and remotely, and have proven success in developing strong, trusted customer relationships. Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must. Candidate is a team player with the ability to work well within and leverage across cross-functional teams, as well as a self-starter willing to learn and able to work with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment. Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written) are musts.Role location: Richardson, Texas (onsite 5 days/week)Job Responsibilities:
• Provides project management and engineering support for projects from inception through the planning, design, implementation, and operational phase, to include post implementation migrations. Collaborates across multiple disciplines. Ensure implemented solution meets project deliverables and adheres to standards and best practices.
• Work closely with solution consultants and architects to develop standards-based storage solution designs for individual projects as well as enterprise solutions.
• Work closely with solution consultants, architects, and customer to assess the environment, develop a migration plan to move to the new environment, lead and/or support the migration process, and validate the migration activities.
• Performs proactive management, configuration and monitoring of the storage infrastructure, specifically Hitachi solutions
• Schedules, plans, and performs periodic scheduled maintenance to ensure systems are operating at optimal levels and running on the latest stable code
• Recommends and implements storage standards to support the enterprise storage infrastructure and in accordance with customer security policies.
• Evaluates and analyzes new technologies (or upgrades to existing technologies) and products with an emphasis on improving service availability and cost reduction as well as implementation recommendations.
• Conducts routine capacity planning and performance monitoring; identifies recommendations and implements as required.
• Troubleshoots complex solutions, analyze configurations and perform analysis. Perform root cause analysis and implement resolution.
• Maintains inventory of storage hardware and software.
• Produces quality detailed documentation through the entire project delivery life-cycle by producing design, deployment and operational documentation to cover all aspects of infrastructure deployments and systems (architecture, topology, maintenance, troubleshooting, disaster recovery)
• Works effectively as a local/remote team member providing support to local and remote locations as needed.
General OSE Services:
• Tuning and optimization of HVF products, software release planning and documentation
• Onsite contact for support and product escalations
• Assistance with installation of initial solution and any necessary hardware/software upgrades
• Assistance with capturing data collections required for problem determination
• Collection of HVF product data on a regular basis to facilitate trend analysis
• Provide Onsite HVF product support, to include oversight and support for installation and initial configuration and/or upgrades of Hitachi products
• Provide ongoing Advanced Storage Administration and IT Service Continuity Management support, for example:
o Best practice file system management
o Best practice/customer-defined security policies
o Storage allocation alignment
o Software certification
o Change Request Management
o Resolution of storage system performance issues
• Perform proactive monitoring, maintenance and support to optimize HVF product environments
• Perform non-disruptive migration activities (from planning through validation)
• Understand, communicate, and help to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve End User issues
• Provide knowledge transfer on HVF products to customer IT staff
• Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to HVF product technical support teams and End Users
• Other support activities as mutually agreed in connection with the HVF products
• Interface with HVF storage engineering to manage the implementation of all additional storage infrastructure and storage services
• Interface/coordinate with Customer Service and Support Services team; support troubleshooting and related activities as needed
• Lead onsite educational knowledge transfer workshops, specifically once per quarter for locations where an OSE is present, to expand the knowledge and skill set of customer IT staff.
• Audit and evaluate current storage solutions and infrastructure, providing recommendations on design, configuration, and code.
• Provide onsite assistance for deployment of new technologies, and HVF product modifications.
• Provide and review best practice recommendations for architecture, design, management and operation of the End User's HVF solution.
• Operate and manage the End User's HVF storage infrastructure solution
• Improve infrastructure monitoring and reporting capabilities based on the deployment of HVF management software.
• Assist in the delivery of HVF technology capability briefs and proof of concepts, as necessary.
• Develop and maintain documentation relating to the HVF infrastructure within the End User environment.
• Assess the End User's HVF infrastructure and make recommendation to customer or Partner on improvement and optimization.
• Guidance and help/support related to Hitachi products on prem, real time access to subject matter expertise and information, as needed
o Providing analysis of the environment and health checks/assessments as needed
o Generating regular operations reports using supplied tools, within the HV Fed's product suite
o Recommending changes to procedures which result in operational optimization and improved SLAs
o Participating in Root Cause Analysis reviews, as applicableDesired Skillset:
• Active TS-SCI (Required)
• FS Poly preferred
• Certifications: Security +
• Ability to lead complex, large-scale storage projects from initiation and planning through execution and closing.
• 10 years combined experience with: data storage hardware, software, best practices / standards, security / STIG requirements, migration, design life cycle and documentation
• In-depth experience and understanding of Hitachi storage products including VSP storage arrays and Hitachi OpsCenter management suite
• Occasional domestic travel; ability to go to customer site a must
• Team player with ability to work well within and leverage across cross-functional teams
• Self-starter with ability to work with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn and continue to expand knowledge and skill set
• Strong Technical Leadership, teamwork, collaboration and communication skills (oral and written)
Education and Background:
• BS degree in Information Technology or equivalent professional experience.
• 5-8 years of experience with enterprise storage platforms with at least 4-5 years of experience in Hitachi VSP storage arrays and experience with Hitachi OpsCenter
• Open Systems administration and clustering experience is highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.